Thursday, March 01, 2007

It's Party Time...Maybe


We've planned a sort of skate "hurrah" for Friday night. I hate that I'll miss my water aerobics class (this will be the third Friday in a row);but, I'll get my work out most assuredly by skating. My coworker and I made these plans nearly a month ago and I hope, out of everyone, she isn't the one to back out (wouldn't that just be the way?). It will probably be sparse because I live nearly thirty miles away from the office and I don't know how eager they'll be to drive in the traffic that's so bad at that time of day, just to skate with a bunch of kids and eat pizza. We'll see. When the babe first started skating at the rink, they were all in chorus about how fun it would be to do this. I suppose, if worse came to worse, we could reschedule.

The weather has been wild! Tuesday, I left home to take the babe to school in flurries. By the time I was half-way to the office, it was a full on blizzard! White-out! I couldn't see jack crap in front of me and neither could anyone else. We were truly driving on body memory. The roads looked like someone needed to get out and shovel them. Snow trucks would have done no good at that hour, simply because it would have been coming down as fast as it was salted away. Crazy! I got to work a half hour later than normal, but I made it. Two ladies who work behind me in our setup, who live much closer, and didn't even come in. Their boss was a bit agitated by this, especially after seeing me come in.

Yesterday, the sun was out and a great deal of the snow from Tuesday had melted. We're supposed to get more snow today and tomorrow, then the weekend starts looking like spring again. It's this teasing time of year that drives me crazy...I'm so over winter. I really am. I want spring and all it's glory...flowers blooming, trees budding with new, green leaves and the sun waking up everything that has slept over the cold season. March 1st? I'm ready for March 30th, please.

No comments: