Friday, March 30, 2007

Spring Break!

Yes, it's here and I'm not entering the wet t-shirt contest (okay, maybe in the privacy of my own home). Last year, we didn't do anything for Spring Break because we didn't have to. My oldest was being taken and picked up from school by my sister-in-law. During the break, she just kept her at home with her own two kids, so my work schedule didn't have to change at all. Since then, she's moved to a new city (farther from us than we care to commute to) and her kids attend a different school. In fact, their school only gets Good Friday off and not the entire week. Oh, well.

Hubby and I took the time off, knowing we wouldn't have anyone to care for her during this time; however, it's a great excuse to get away and enjoy each other's company. This will be Indy's first long distance trip away from home and I'm curious to see how she holds up. Her big sister was a trooper with long car rides and never seemed fussy or unhappy about being in her car seat for long stretches. I hope her sister is the same way...the difference is, she'll have company where her big sister did not.

We're still not exactly sure how far we're going, but hubby has been counting down the days until he's off from work. He's so excited! It's like watching a school boy.

In other news, my oldest lost her other front tooth, last night. I had to hog-tie her down to get it, but I didn't a better job than hubby with the other front tooth. When he did it, there were tears and major threats happening. I just rubbed her tooth with oral analgesic, held her head to my chest, and ripped that puppy out. Why does it have to be so dramatic? Because she is...simple as that. She got a dollar for her trouble and made sure to report that she always gets dollars when she looses her teeth. That child has no idea how good she's got it.

2 comments:

Dee said...

I never got any money, ever.

Enchantress said...

I got chump change, myself. That girl's got enough to do some major shopping. She just doesn't know!