Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Sick Again and Thoroughly Frustrated

Unbelievable! I have been sick for the majority of two months, now. There's gotta be a record. One of my coworkers was on 1800 mg of antibiotics that didn't even touch his sickness. He later went back for an even broader spectrum and ended up with the meds given to people with Anthrax! Is that where I'm headed too? I don't want to go to the doctor again because I feel like I've missed so much work for this or that already. Besides, it's becoming such a downer paying the copay then paying additional money for a prescription. The lady at the pharmacy is beginning to know my name and birthday by heart. How sad.

I started with a tickle in my throat on Sunday that had me coughing a bit (oh, did I mention that hubby sneezed in my face in his sleep Saturday night? Then, Indy was coughing and hacking in my face. I think I need to move to Fiji for a month or so and wait for everyone to get well. This is ridiculous!) Yesterday, I sneezed and "ran" so much that I used an entire box of Kleenex within a couple of hours. Thank goodness I have a back-up box! Then, I got home and felt like death. Hubby had cleaned the house and made dinner, so I was glad of that. The girls were fed, played a bit, then went to bed. I spent last night tossing and turning because my stupid humidifier makes a weird noise now that wakes me up. It hums and grinds or something. Is it time for a new one already? More bad news. Ugh!

The weather-man indicated that our city had some of the dirtiest air quality in the country, yesterday. Is this all attributed to our crappy air, and if so, could March please get on with its "in like a Lion" business, please? We obviously need the rain to clean the stuff out of our air. This will, hopefully, improve the breathing of most of the city's citizens. Oh, and to add insult to injury, TOM is here and I had no change for weigh day. Frustration is the word for the day. Seriously!

I'm supposed to go to lunch with a coworker today and I'm really not up to it, to tell the truth. I'd almost rather have it brought in and eat with her here (but I'm pretty sure she's not going for that). She hates staying in the office for lunch, unless she absolutely has to. Oh, well. I guess I'll suffer through...unless by some miracle she calls and has to reschedule. There's always that. Why is this such a big deal (you may ask)? Because this is the coworker who used to work with me and we don't see each other much. I have a feeling she wants to talk and I don't want to shut myself off from her if she happens to need an ear. That could prove detrimental. Not to say that I'm the world's greatest listener or anything, but you never know what anyone may need.

So, I guess I'm done bitching for now. I think I'm ready to embrace that vacation (let's just hope I'm not sick when we go). Bring it on! April, I am ready for you!!

2 comments:

Dee said...

feel better soon.
maybe those visits to md offices did you in. You're sure to find viruses there.

Enchantress said...

Oh, that's scary, if that's it. And I must be a glutton for punishment because I'm headed back tomorrow. Yikes! Thanks for the sympathies. I'm seeing the doctor this time and not the nurse practitioner. I hope that makes a difference.