Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Two in a Row!

I came home yesterday wearing a dress I hadn't worn in a while (a very bright blue), my hair looking fabulous in an updo and my Chinese Laundry sandal/mules on. My hubby very happily comments, "You look really nice today, honey." Oh, I live for those. He had spent the afternoon cleaning the house and getting things ready so I wouldn't have too much to do (such a nice guy). I think it was also a way to divert my attention from the Babe leaving her Monday folder outside at school. The Monday folder has the week's homework and any information the teacher wishes to communicate to the families. Hubby probably feared that I would go off on the Babe for leaving it, but when he told me, I simply said, "She's six. She's going to do stuff like that."

Just a few days before, she'd lost a new coat recently given to her by a play uncle. I was astonished that she'd lost it (since it was so cold and she needed it), but I told her to look for it, when I dropped her off at school, yesterday. She did find it and brought it home. My guess is
that her focus was on getting the coat home and she neglected to put the folder in her bag as a result. Oh, well. These things happen (lately, this spring-like weather has me in too good a mood to go off).

So, hubby jets off to the gym while I strip down to get my workout in. Sweaty, but invigorated, I showered and got the kids "happy" before starting on dinner (Shake 'n Bake Chicken Tenderloins, Annie's Organic White Shells and Cheddar, and steamed asparagus spears). The girls were ravenous by the time I was done (around 7ish) and ate very well. Hubby was home soon after and ate after I'd put the girls to bed.

The night before lasts tryst brought up the issue of hair. Most times, hubby doesn't care one way or the other but he made a point to say that "everything is easier to get to" when it's not there, so after last night's shower, I eliminated the hair (stay with me, I'm trying not to get too graphic). So, as we're laying on the bed watching uncut episodes of Chappelle's Show and laughing our butts off, he starts reaching over and discovers what I've done. It wasn't long before the t.v. was off and we were at it like jack rabbits again! Spring fever? I'll say. If this warm weather keeps up, I wonder if I'll be able to?

3 comments:

Dee said...

how do you get the kids happy?

oh and congrats on your style and having someone nice who appreciates it

Miss Construed... said...

Will you be going for the Trifecta?

Lol..it's great you and Hubby are getting on so well!

Enchantress said...

God's Child - Usually juice cups and graham crackers are enough (with a kiddie movie for good measure). Lately, my oldest is good with a stick of gum. lol!

rn_buffoon - We were too tired last night, but I think he was up for it this morning! (but I had to go to work, dang it!):) Me too. Feeling better has made a huge difference, I'm sure.