Monday, March 05, 2007

Super Sassy Strutin'

So, Thursday was crappy and Friday I was trapped at home but surprisingly, the day wasn't too bad. The baby slept most of the day and I got a lot of work done. Then, when hubby came home, we gave each other the apology hug and life started to really improve. He went to workout, then brought dinner home (Chinese, yum!). After dinner, we put the kids to bed and curled up with a movie together. I can't remember what movie it was because it got interrupted with make-up sex (the best kind of sex, sometimes).

Saturday, we slept in till 7 (seriously, that's super late for us) and made our kids breakfast together. I made Kodiak cakes and bacon, while he scrambled the eggs and prepared the place settings. We had a lovely family breakfast together, followed by some cartoon watching and a very long nap (with more make-sex) directly after. At around 3, I prepared for an outing with my mother in formal dress. It was lovely! I haven't been to a formal event in almost two years and I really like those opportunities to get all dolled up. It was just as much fun taking all that stuff off at the end of the night. I'm not used to 3 1/2" heels anymore. I did okay, though.

Sunday, it was just me and the baby at church. The babe and dad stayed home because the babe has been showing flu-like symptoms the entire weekend, poor kid. She's been on all manner of medication for this or that symptom that has appeared. Today, it's coughing meds (yesterday, fever meds). The day before that, sore-throat and stuffy nose meds. I hope she starts feeling better soon because I truly hate to see my kids sickly. What parent does?

4 comments:

Dee said...

hey, where'd my comment go?
I was in the midst of asking a personal question and my comment disappeared.
so to recap:
please free to tell me to bug off, or answer to my e-mail. What is your birth control solution? Not that I stand to get some, but you know what they say about failing to plan

Enchantress said...

Oh, I'm happy to share! We lived in the land of Trojans when we were using contraceptives. I don't do the pills because they make me crazy (seriously, crazy). After the second baby came, my hubby had a vasectomy so, we're having a free-for-all (which is nice).

Miss Construed... said...

Pills make me crazy too-just quietly!

But what I was going to say was- dang but I need some Make-up sex for my Hubby and myself!

Dee said...

ah, the snipitty doo dah
but thanks for the heads up (pun definitely not intended) on the pills and stuff

you too rn_buffoon