Friday, March 02, 2007

Bad Times, and the Weekend Hasn't Even Started!


I got into a nasty spat with my hubby, last night. It all started when he called me on my way home to tell me about some construction that's occurring further down from our house on the interstate. It's an area that we'll be journeying to over the weekend, possibly. He was like,

"It's narrowed down to just two lanes. It took me forty-five minutes to get to _____, when it usually takes me five or ten."
"Well then, we'll just need to take the back roads," I said.
"Those we'll be backed up too and full of traffic."
"Well, hubby, if you don't want to go then why don't you just say so?"

To me, all this was sounding like he didn't want to go, and in past instances where it was a chance to go somewhere other than a movie, he's wiggled his way out of it. If he has gone, he seems uncomfortable and it usually ends in an argument. He became really upset and just said he would talk to me when I got home. Once I got home, he was playing with the babe on the computer and didn't seem to want to talk to me at all. I waited around up front until time to take the babe to dance class (Indy was sleeping in her crib). I asked him if he was staying at home and could I leave Indy there and not wake her up. He kept dozing off barely able to talk to me. Well, I wasn't going to leave my baby there with him in that state. If she woke up and started crying, he would never hear her. She could literally scream for hours with no one coming to her aid.

So, I woke her up and took her with me. It began to snow quite a bit. I dropped the babe off, went to get gas and dinner, then came back. We waited for about ten minutes for class to finish, then we all came home. After eating and putting the kids to bed, hubby tried to talk to me and ended up snapping a lot. Then he said that I went to the negative with my thinking, which is what I believe he did. "Why not offer up suggestions rather than kill the idea completely," I thought. I also noted that there were other things that I liked to do with him, but he is reluctant to do them because they are out of his comfort zone. He said that there are things that I don't like to do with him; however, I mentioned that we could go and look at dirt...I wouldn't care, as long as we were together. That shut him up for a few minutes, then he went back into his spiel about being negative. Anyway, I went to bed irritated and have since awakened with a headache and nausea.

He called just a few moments ago to ask if I had anything to talk about. I was pretty sure I'd said everything I wanted to and believed that he had as well.

"I wouldn't be calling if I'd said everything," he says to me.

Well, we mostly talked about the horrible commute he's currently enduring (yes. more snow) and that I should take stock of what I'm going to do about work, if it continues the way that it's going. Then, he's telling me about the babe waking up in the night coughing and then crying because she doesn't feel good. After discussions about everything under the sun, we ended the conversation. I was glad. I can't even see how we can redeem the weekend at this point. I suppose it's possible but, I've sense rescheduled the skate party (don't want anyone crashing and burning in snowy conditions, just to come skate). He's already said he's not going to the event scheduled on Saturday (so, I'll either go by myself, or not at all) and it appears that the babe is coming down with something nasty. Happy beginning of March to me!

2 comments:

Dee said...

Well, I wasn't going to leave my baby there with him in that state.

whose baby?

Enchantress said...

Mine...ours...the youngest, who's still only thirteen months and not capable of taking care of herself. My oldest? It would have been a different story entirely. She would have been fine with a movie, blocks or a coloring book.