Friday, March 09, 2007

Maybe...Just Maybe, I'll Be Well

The doctor's visit proved promising, yesterday. I was given major antibiotics (seems the sinus infection was not cured the first time around). I was also given a cough syrup that alchys and winos would find a way to pay me for (this is some potent stuff...crazy). I actually think I was hallucinating! After filling the prescriptions (and spending over $60...yikes!), I picked up lunch and came home to work. While Indy slept, I worked until the cough medicine kicked in, then continued to write in my drug induced haze. I'll have to review that material today and see if it still makes sense.

By the time hubby came home, I didn't know who I was. Thankfully, Indy slept for a long time so the babe watched Care Bears to pass the time (do you remember the Care Bears? Ah, those were the days. Cartoons actually had a positive message and the characters were cute.) After that, she watched The Jungle Book. I believe I fed her a dinner of some sort and when dad came back from the gym, he played primary care giver. I seem to remember talking to him a bit about his day, but who knows. I don't think I'll take the cough syrup more than a couple of days. I'm thinking that as the infection clears, there won't be a need. Seriously, it's sort of scary not remembering everything.

My cat is being a whore. I don't know what his problem is, but he's currently rubbing up against me and the computer and the computer table. He also keeps staring at me. He's been at it for a solid hour. Maybe he's got spring fever. Do animals get it like we do? I would guess yes, since all my animals seem enamored with the back door (french doors) where they can bask in the light of the sun.

The weather is turning nice again. The rain cleaned out the dirty air and we've had 50 to almost 60 degree temps for the past few days. I was bummed because I really couldn't enjoy it, feeling the way I did. For the first time in weeks, I'm hopeful that I can enjoy the lovely weather and maybe, just maybe, I'll be well.

4 comments:

Icey said...

Feel better lady!!

Dee said...

but if you don't take the full course as prescribed, won't you just get sick again?

Miss Construed... said...

Feeling better? Hope so!

Enchantress said...

icey - Thanks I am feeling like a new lady!

gc - This is true of the antibiotics, but the cough medicine is voluntary. I will complete the antibiotics, as I did the last time. :)

rn_buffoon - I am and thanks!