Thursday, March 22, 2007

Things are Better

Hubby and I had a several hour, heart-to-heart last night after I sent him my email of incoherent/coherent thoughts. It began with a call to my cell phone, as I traveled home from work and ended in the best possible way (four hours later...that was some talk!). We have promised to try to communicate better with each other, especially when arguments bring up old stuff that we thought had been squashed.

Random stuff:

  • I've been listening to The Evolution of Robin Thicke, a CD I purchased exactly one week ago today. Being the son of actor/musician parents, he's got all the goods and I'm digging his style. Favorite tracks: "I Need Love", "2 the Sky", "Ask Myself", "Everything that I Can't Have", "Angel", and "Shooter". Really, the whole CD is amazing. Sample some tracks, if you have a moment.

  • It's spring rain-time here in Utah. I like it and it's warm enough not to distract from the springiness that's happening all around (my Quaking Aspens look like they'll have leaves very soon).


  • We went to the IRS page yesterday to see when our refund is coming. Huh, now we know...technology, man. Gotta love it.
  • I wear lipstick more than any other makeup and have found Maybelline Wet Diamond Shine colors look the best on me. I find them sporadically now. Do they even make this line anymore?
  • I've been feeling more and more like my old self again. Still not working out as much as I'd like to, i.e., the weight is not falling off as fast I'd like it to, but my body has changed shape again. That's the best part. Things don't swing, roll or bounce as much. Funny that I notice these things and nobody else, does...including my husband, who has seen every part of me.
  • I wore a simple pink blouse yesterday and received compliments from people I don't even know. I knew pink looked fairly good on me but, wow! Mental note: Gotta buy more pink.

  • Many of the newscasters on our Fox network affiliate wear too much make-up and try too be to "hip" for their own good (transition music from and to commercials could be anything from Kool and the Gang to Gwen Stefani). I know movie companies own many of the news stations now, but come on. What happened to class and style...and Connie Chung, since I'm on the subject?
  • This Farel print is in my bedroom and we have plans to add others. They remind me a bit of the smokey jazz clubs from my childhood, or at least, the glamorized memories I have of them.
  • Why do so many children get lost in the woods, lately? Do their parents not tell them to keep up? Stay with a buddy? I heard that all the time when we were out on field trips or away from home.

  • Sexual slavery is alive and well. How sad.

  • My eldest brought her report card home, yesterday. She did quite well, but is struggling a bit in math. I've put hubby on the case, since that's his specialty. They were drilling on math flash cards, when I got home yesterday (very cute).
  • I'm in the mood for a cappuccino...it sounds pretty good right now.

  • I want to go the balloon festival this year and hope to secure a room before they're all taken. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

2 comments:

Dee said...

re Maybelline Wet Diamond Shine
yeah, I like that too. I had one in gold that was great. I've been trying other brands as well though. Ironically, lots of times when I find a great shade, it gets discontinued.

Enchantress said...

I'm starting to feel that they do that on purpose. It happens to me, too.

Was the gold one Brilliant Bronze? I have that one, Plum Sparkle and Beaming Berry.