Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Good News - I've been Tagged!

This is from God's Child, a delightful young woman whose writings will one day inspire the masses!

1- Can you cook? If yes, do you like to cook?
Yes I can and yes I do, when there's time.


2 - When does your whole family come together to eat?
My immediate family tries hard to eat dinner together nightly. My mother, sister and other extended relatives, always get together for the holidays. Easter and Memorial day are coming up, so there's ham and BBQ to be had in the near future!

3 - What do you have for breakfast?
(GC, did you know Bagels can stay in your colon for days? An interesting fact from my personal trainer hubby. Now, knowing this, I have a hard time eating them) I try to eat Raisin Bran or something with a heck of a lot of fiber. I'm doing that low glycemic thing and it helps stave off hunger. If there's no raisin bran, I usually do scrambled eggs, ham and raisin bread toast.

4 - When, where and how do you eat during the week?
I eat at my desk, standing in the kitchen, at the coffee table in front of the t.v. (terrible), and in my bed.

5 - How often do you eat out?
With co workers? About twice a month. At restaurants? Every couple of months, if that.

6 - How often do you order-in or take-away?
On the weekends, typically, we'll pick up light Chinese (my fave and one of the few things I can eat without blowing up like a Macy's Day float).

7 - Re: 5 & 6 - If money was no question, would you like to do it more often?
Yes and no. I'm with you, GC. If I eat out a lot, I eventually feel sick. I do okay with portion control, but after the Christmas break I had, home-cooked meals were so appealing after all that junk.

8 - Are there any standards that make regular appearances on your table?
Brown rice, asparagus, ramen noodles (my oldest is obsessed with these), veggies, organic shells and cheese, salmon, tilapia, chicken, chicken, and chicken (oh, did I mention, chicken?)

9 - Have you ever tried a recipe from another a food blog?
No, I haven’t. I do frequent sites like Kraft Foods, The Food Network, Family Time and Recipezaar for ideas and recipes.

10 - Are there any quarrels because of food?
Not too often. Most everything I've prepared has been pretty tasty. If there's something I'm not fond of, it doesn't get made often or ever, if I can help it.

11 - Are you vegetarian or can you imagine living vegetarian?
I was vegetarian for a while in High School. I spent a year "trying it on for size" to see if I could do it. I didn't eat chicken or red meat. Fish, I allowed myself. I don't remember feeling any different, but I was proud of myself for doing it and succeeding.

12 - What would you like to try out that you haven’t dared yet?
Same here! There's so much I'd like to try, if I had the time. I'd love to try and make homemade fudge for the holidays. I've always wanted to and have come close, but it hasn't happened yet.

13 - Do you rather cook or bake?
BAKE!!!

14 - What was the most terrible mess you made in the kitchen?
My mother lent me a little electric grill a few years back. The grill sat inside a coriander based that needed something directly underneath when cooking. Yours truly forgot to put the "something directly underneath" one time and began to smell a strange sort of burning. My counter top is totally ruined, but we found a cutting board the same color that covers it nicely. We will one day recover the counters (in granite, if I'm lucky). We'll have to. That's one ugly spot!

15 - What do your kids like to eat best?
Ramen Noodles, Kraft Mac and Cheese, Cheese pizza, string cheese, pasta and cheese (these kids love cheese) and pot stickers. My oldest has even found a taste for sushi, as of late. Pretty cultured for a six year old.

16 - What would your kids never eat?
Having never had liver or Brussel sprouts myself (because my mother hated them), I probably will never feed them to my children. My eldest is picky already, so it's hard to narrow down foods she won't eat. She will try things at least once, she's promised.

17 - What do you dislike most?
See my post from a couple of days ago.

Tag! RN-Buffoon, Icey, Southern Writer and anyone else who has a hankering to try this out.

2 comments:

Dee said...

wow, when you get tagged, you take it serious.
um, bagels? OMG!
how? Why? Why? and mostly, Why? I am never eating bagels again. I probably still have a bagel stuck in there.

Oh, and have you tried Kashi go lean? It's good if the milk is warm. It's not so tasty but it is FIBROUS. No, seriously. Whatever you had for dinner the night before will be movin on out (in a good way) as soon as the Kashi hits your stomach.

Enchantress said...

Yes! Kashi lives in our pantry. Sort of reminds me of twigs, but sprinkle a little Splenda and it's all good. I also like Nature's Path, Power Optimum Breakfast cereal. Ten grams of fiber and it tastes really good. (www.naturespath.com)

I suppose you could eat the bagel and follow it up with a bowl of Kashi, lol! Seriously scary, huh? It has to do with how the bread is processed...much thicker than normal bread and hard for the body to break down. Some things hubby tells me, I wish he'd just keep to himself.

I know...the excitement levels are too crazy on being tagged, huh? (smiles)