Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Ready for the Red Carpet

That's what a co-worker of mine told me this morning. I'm wearing an old (but very nice looking) two piece, pant set in black. I'm also wearing my "Starlet" mules with the rhinestone, silver accent on the peek-a-boo toe (remember those commercials of Star Jones promoting Payless shoes from the neck up? Even now, that's all we should be given the privy of seeing, with the mess she's done to herself).

I really didn't put much effort into my look, but she was very impressed. Later, the cute IT guy told me I looked very nice and gave me that terrific grin he has. This does great things for the ego, I gotta tell ya.

Others have made nice comments about my attire (only done for the sake of office company today who may or may not see me) and it just goes to show that I am really headed in the right direction. I have great clothes that need to step out and now that I'm shrinking, I'm dusting off the cobwebs and giving them an opportunity to be seen again. The outfit I'm wearing is a large, but is fitting quite loosely on me. I'm hopeful for tomorrow (for those who don't read my other blog, it's my weigh-day).

In less than a month, it will be my daughter's spring break and we've decided to plan our vacation for that time this year, rather than the summer. It's a little weird and I don't think it's quite kicked in that we'll be off and away on another adventure so soon (the adventure being a journey just a bit south of here, but an adventure nonetheless). It will be the second time we've journeyed as a foursome and I hope Indy handles it okay. Most of the trip will be by car and I think it will be a good time to try out the portable DVD player I won last year.

Hubby and I got into a bit of an argument about one of his Christmas gifts last night. It was really stupid and it continued for far too long, but here's the jest of it: I bought him a $50 gift card to Red Lobster as one of his gifts. He has said in the past that he doesn't like to go there very much because he feels he spends money for not enough food. My idea was to get him enough on a card to get as much as he wanted to fill him up. Last night, we were talking about arranging our next date and I told him about how hard it is to pick anywhere to go because of how picky he is. (I mentioned a dinner at Red Lobster where he complained the entire time). "That's because I hate Red Lobster." What? Okay. Then he says he's told me this before, but I don't ever remember him saying that. Only that they never have enough to fill him up. So, we go back and forth about it and the argument ended peacefully, but it was still an eye-opener.

Anyway, he's planning for us to use the card together for something, who knows what and I've decided to just buy gift cards (when I buy them for him) from Home Depot or Lowe's forever. That ought to solve that issue.

The day has been pretty uneventful, except for my boss freaking out a little bit over a project he reluctantly made for us. A few weeks back, he was like, "Well, if this doesn't happen, then we won't worry about it." I suppose he forgot that he said this. Now, he's at lunch wooing a potential vendor for our University. I hope they're having a good time eating Thai food and talking shop. I wouldn't mind the Thai food, I just don't want to talk shop.

No comments: