Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Baby Doing Better

I took little Indy to the doctor, yesterday morning and sat for an hour before a doctor (not her pediatrician) came in to see us. She was in good spirits so, I'm glad he could examine without her getting too upset. Turns out my little girl has a hemorrhoid which is a direct result from constipation she experienced last week. Poor little thing! I bet it's been driving her crazy, which explains why she's been so needy as of late. She was prescribed a cream, then we left to get the prescription filled. I was so relieved that it was something we could treat ourselves and that she hadn't fallen prey to some horrible body upset that would require hospitalization.

Relief came all at once, after we got home, ate lunch and settled down. I drifted off to sleep...no longer fretting about the health of my youngest. I was glad to cuddle with Indy and here her soft, consistent breathing as we went to sleep. It reminded me of our second day in the hospital, after she was born. I put my newborn in the crook of my arm and we drifted off. I probably terrified the nurses, but this became a normal occurrence for the few days we were there.

The rest of the day, I spent fussing at my hubby for random things. I'm starting to PMS and things just sort of "come out" when I'm talking. Nothing brash, but he was quite eager to get to the gym after the tongue lashing I was giving him. By the time he came home, I had worked out, showered and was feeling much better about life. We ended up watching some of Prestige and held hands just before we turned off the movie to go to sleep.

Did you know that Mercury is in retrograde right now? I'll be all too pleased when it's over. The fact that it seems to intensify my PMS moments is enough to chant for it's disappearance altogether. Everyone in my area of the office brings it up at least twice a day. Talk about educating the masses!

2 comments:

Dee said...

wow, glad she's okay
some of those symptom/diagnosis things you came up with were so darn scary. I'm not so sure webMD is a good thing.

Enchantress said...

Neither am I, anymore. It usually confirms my belief of what something is (sinus infection, the flu, pink eye) but this time? Ugh! You're so right...not a good thing at all.