Monday, February 19, 2007

What Happened to my Early Spring?

For days we've had temps in the 50's and yesterday, we got as high as 60. Sixty in February! It was so beautiful (but I didn't get to get out and enjoy it like I would have liked to). So, this morning...what do we wake up to? Snow. Buckets and Buckets of snow. Granted, the weather guy says it will taper off by mid morning and we'll get up to 43 but, what happened to my would-be spring weather? Those who happen to be traveling to work or where ever today are not going to enjoy the commute.



Meanwhile, they're also talking on the news about the guy in Australia who just beat the Guinness World Record of head-butting watermelons for the watermelon festival. Man,can we have a little watermelon, please? I'm so over winter, now. Seriously, I've had enough. I'm ready for the sun to return full blast so I can retire the coats and jackets, sweat pants and dark colored everythings. Pastels! Tank tops! Summer dresses! Come out of hiding and be seen. We're waiting for you.

I think I'm more excited about spring this year because for one, I won't be pregnant and two, I won't have to hoist around 24 extra pounds (I'm speaking of Indy, not my unfortunate weight gain)...although I hope to be rid of that, too. Indy is walking pretty well and I imagine, by April, will not need me to carry her for any reason, other than to help her into high chairs and car seats. She's so cute toddling around, learning how to get her bearings. There are so many things I've forgotten about these formative years. Seems like the babe has been grown up forever!

Last but not least, are you feeling generous? Want to help an important cause and gain a sweet reward in the process (besides the wonderful feeling anyone gains from helping others) check out the information here. Hurry! This opportunity only occurs February 20th from 7:00am-10:00am.

3 comments:

Dee said...

hooray for walking babies. Nice work Indy! Keep it up.

Miss Construed... said...

Watermelon you say?

I've just started getting my fruit and vegetables from the Market Man instead of at the supermarket and have a giant piece of watermelon cooling in my fridge as I type.

Pity that no one will eat it; I think it's flavourless and pink. You're welcome to a piece Enchantress!

(PS It's also good to see Australia made the news in the US for something other than our dickhead PM)

Enchantress said...

gc - Thanks for the encouragement! I'm sending it her way. :)

rn_buffoon - That's the case it seems with people and watermelon...you eithe love it or hate it. In the house, they ferment them and it's supposed to be really good (I've never tried it myself). Cut a triangle out and poor in a bottle of your favorite Vodka. Replace the triangle and keep in your fridge for a few hours. I bet that would change your mind about the taste. :)