Monday, February 12, 2007

A Nice, Quiet Weekend


I spent an evening out with hubby, Saturday. It was just dinner, but it was wonderful having time with him to myself. The girls had a baby-sitter and I felt comfortable with the situation more so than the last time. Indy is older and the babe is such a big help, I didn't feel as paranoid.

Hubby's reasoning was that it was his weekend off and during the week, he wanted to be sure he spent time with me and the girls. The babe is already asking about whether she'll get chocolates or not for Valentine's day. She picked out cards for her classroom last night and is all excited about giving them out. I started to remember the ordeal that became, once I was older; being specific about who got what card. Thankfully, she's not at that stage, yet. She'll just write their names, stick on the chocolate, and that will be the end of it.

I've purchased a few things for hubby and still have a couple of things left to get. It's going to be tricky. I can't stop after work because hubby freaks out if I'm not home when I say I'm going to be. Then if I say I have errands to run, he's gets super nosey. I don't want to try and go at lunch, for fear I'll run out of time (the store I want to go to is a quite a distance and I only have a half hour lunch with my new schedule). I could be satisfied with what I have but, no. That would be logical and we can't have that.

My nose and head are still in the zone. I just can't shake this cold or whatever it is. I started thinking that maybe it's a sinus infection, but then I read up on the symptoms on Web MD and there's a lot of pain associated with it, and I don't have pain (thank God!). I guess I'll just keep drinking and drinking until I drown myself or flush myself of whatever this crap is. I'm so sick of it...I'm just sick of being sick. Thankfully, the inversion is gone and we're getting rain...a sort of spring rain, if you will. The air is clean, head and nose, it's time to be over this.

4 comments:

Dee said...

ah, so you haven't seen an MD. Well, hope you really are getting better. It's troubling when a cold sticks around for more than a week.

Miss Construed... said...

Call us cynics but over here most people think Valentines Day is just an excuse for Hallmark Cards to make squillions!

Or maybe it's just cos I've only ever received One Valentine's Day card; and I only then 'cos my Hubby felt 'guilted into it' by his mate who was purchasing something for his new girlfriend.

Either way Hallmark gets nothing from me; but I hope you and your Hubby have a great (romantic?) evening planned!

Enchantress said...

gc - Oh, I've decided if this thing isn't feeling like it's headed out by this afternoon, I'm off to the doctor's on Wednesday. You're right. It's been too long.

rn_buffoon - It's so true. This is surely a money-making holiday and for years I revolted, until hubby came into the picture and through his romanticism, taught me how to be romantic, too. For all that he does throughout the year, I'm so happy to give him a little something when I can.

I ended up getting the last of the items, so it's all done. I hope I can hide this stuff until tomorrow.

Sending you cyber roses for all those times you haven't received them for real! :)

Miss Construed... said...

*clutches cyber-roses and smells them*

Thanks for that Enchantress!

Maybe a little bit of Valentine's Day worked it's magic on my Hubby after all- he left me a note in the shower (with the alphabet foam letters again) that said 'hapy valintine'. He even offered to take me out for dinner- but what I'd decided on was already half done; so I'll have to take a rain-check on that I guess!

It's the thought that counts anyway!