Friday, February 16, 2007

Hair Raising Event

After GC's comment, I remembered that I've never posted pictures of "the hair" on this site so, here it is before I chop it all off. Yep! I'm close to the two-month mark, which is as long as I care to keep a braided style, these days. I'm going on a break and back to my ponies and falls for a bit (well, at least until April). My mom is coming over to put my relaxer back in and I'm not sure how I feel about that, yet. Underneath the braids, I am all natural again...ten foot fro and amazing strength. I wish I was brave enough to wear it natural, but it's never really been me.

So, off come the braids this weekend for me and the babe (she currently sports the same style I do). If I were a better beautician, she could go another month; however, I'm just not as good as those who are licensed. Hers have to come out every four weeks, or it's not a good scene. I think she'll be pleased with what I do to it this time around. It's all braids...very small...braided all the way, straight as a board. She hasn't had straight for about a year, so I'm thinking the new look will please her.

All hair aside, I'm feeling the effects of the antibiotics and decongestant big time. I can breathe at night and I no longer feel like I'm swimming in a pool of phlegm (lovely). I'm even enjoying my "tumble" sessions with hubby again (it's so hard to feel romantic and sexy when only one nostril is working). Whispering sweet nothings or even dirty talk, sounds like it should be coming from a Muppet rather than a human. Oh, so sad. Although, it really doesn't seem to matter to him. I guess I egged on last night session anyway...telling him he owed me and that he needed to service his wife. All I remember is waking up to his kisses...ahhhh.

I had sort of a fun dream last night. I dreamed that I went to my 20th high school reunion (which actually won't happen for a few years yet), but there I was. Hubby was on my arm and I saw people I haven't seen in years. There were plenty of faces in the dream of people that I had contact with in high school and my brain amazingly aged them effectively, but I couldn't remember their names. A few people were there to pose and I did what I would expect myself to do in that situation...I avoided them. Those who were there to reconnect and have fun were the people I hung out with the most. There was also a girl there who was severely disabled. I remembered her, but in school she had no physical problems. It appears that she was suffering with MS because she walked into the room on her own just fine and then progressively through the evening had problems standing on her own.

By the time they were making announcements and she had to venture up front, me and another lady supported her weight as we carried her to the podium. It was quite odd. At the end of the evening, a dear friend of mine arrived late and went around the room shaking hands with the guys, and kissing the ladies on their cheeks. He had gone completely silver, but had lost a ton of weight. We were all happy to see him. Through all of this, I remember being very proud and happy my hubby was with me (also going a little silver himself) and seeing all the women looking at us just amazed. Then I realized, I looked pretty good...even better with the eye-candy on my arm. Oh, dreams. Sometimes you just hope and wish and pray that they're real.

3 comments:

Icey said...

Why not get your hair pressed? I mean an old school press using marcels AFTER it has been pressed out with the straightening comb. I miss my natural hair if only for the ease of care!!

Glad you are feeling better

Enchantress said...

I actually thought about that! Unfortunately, it won't work because I'm swimming every Friday (see the other site ebonyenchantress.blogspot.com) and it's just too much to try and keep it looking nice. Now that I'm feeling better, I'll be working out more regularly again and I'm a sweater (I mean drip, drip all over the place). Gotta wash the hair often. It is so pretty when it's pressed, though.

Dee said...

see, that's why I would keep my hair natural. If I had to swim all the time, I don't think I could be bothered with the rollers and all that when it came time to wash my hair.

Thanks for the pic!