Friday, February 23, 2007

The Calm Before the Storm

We had 60 degree weather here, yesterday. Absolutely gorgeous! My coworker wore her espadrilles in celebration of the spring-like day. I wish I'd thought to wear something spring-like...oh, wait. I can't wear any of my spring-like attire, just yet. She looked awfully cute, though. We all enjoyed the day as much as we could, acutely realizing the storm was fast approaching. By the time I got home last night, the clouds had slunk in...dark and looming over the city.

This morning, I awoke to my precious Jump Start not available by my dish service. This told me the snow had arrived and was effectively covering our dish making it impossible for my normal morning shows to get through. I guess dish companies work extra hard to push the local networks through or use different services to keep those channels alive. My local Fox news and weather is currently playing with all the updates of the storm and the commute we'll all be forced to endure. I'm also forced to endure the morning repeats on the news, which is why I typically schedule only an hour or so of news programming.

The weekend will be filled with a lot of the same...snow, snow, snow. I can deal for a while, but I will be ordering up the spring-like weather again very soon. That extra light was encouraging my spring fever and I was totally digging it.

I'll be taking my girls to a local high school for a "free day" of fun and games they've planned for the kids. We got our days mixed up and went out there last Saturday, only to discover a very empty parking lot and lots of locked doors. I hope she enjoys herself and that it really is free (you know how that goes). Other than that, there are no real plans for the weekend. Hubby will be working and I'll have the girls here with me, hanging out at the house. It sounds so boring but perhaps it's what we need. I could take the blouse my sister gave me for Christmas and finally have the ink tag removed (it's been in my trunk the entire time). It's really beautiful...a Kimono style wrap with lots of vibrant reds and blacks, but it's too small just yet. I hope to be able to sport it by late March or early April. She's the only person who bought me clothes for Christmas this year.

Maybe this is the weekend hubby and I can reinvent and be a little adventurous (as adventurous as one can be on a schedule like his). Perhaps I can scheme in my free time today at work.

1 comment:

Dee said...

that's the trouble with dish service huh. snow can jam it up.

doesn't that just hurt your feelings when you get the dates mixed up? hurts mine.

yeesh. I can't keep reading about all this adventure. I need an adventure.