Thursday, February 01, 2007

Marathon Meetings and are they Really Necessary?

That's what I've been doing for the past few days and it's driving me batty! Thankfully, we're done now and I can actually get some real work done. Ugh! I feel like nothing was accomplished until the end of the day, yesterday...but, that's just me. Maybe everyone else felt like they got something out of the hours of talking we endured. At least the lunch was good (Paradise Bakery). I had a southwest chicken sandwich, pasta salad and tossed salad. All was yummy and I didn't go overboard (I've been getting really good at that).

Tuesday night, the family went roller skating again and I was looking a lot better this time around. There was this one chick there, who was cruising around the rink like a pro (complete with IPOD)...jamming away, was awesome and oblivious to the tunes coming through the skating rink sound system. She did, however, ditch the personal music to engage in "The Hokey Pokey" and "The Chicken Dance." I actually thought that was kind of weird. Then, the earphones went back in and she cruised around the rink some more. Hubby didn't even get skates, this time. The babe got tired before I did and played video games with dad for a bit. I was happy to see Indy so content, even though she was in her stroller the whole time.

I'm really set on getting my own skates, now. I can only imagine whose nasty, stinky feet have been in those before me. I know they spray them, but what's that? Is that going to kill years of built up fungi? Who knows. I'm on a mission to find some decently priced skates and, luckily, Big5 throws there's on sale every couple of weeks. Right now, they only have their roller blades on sale.

Hubby being home has been so nice, but I can't seem to stay healthy. As soon as I get over a cold, another one seems to emerge. Now, I have this blasted pink eye and so do both of the girls. Yuck! It's, drops here and drops there with us for the next seven days. I just want to be healthy and not worry about sniffling, coughing, sneezing, phlegmy yuckiness anymore. I spend so much time trying to breathe at night, "other things" are neglected (and that is never good). We were supposed to have quality time last night, but after he got off the phone with his mother, all I wanted to do was try and sleep. The humidifier was going, the Vicks was on (and in) and I was steady trying to breathe out of one nostril (not fun).

He's been great through it all, though with nary a complaint. He took the babe to school and picked her up, yesterday. Then, he took her swimming and rented a movie for her to watch with the family (Open Season). He took her and will bring her home today as well. We have dance tonight, and I'm going to try and convince him to go with me again. We had such a good time together last week, even though all we did was chat and play with Indy. As much as they can sometimes drive me totally nuts, I'm so fortunate to have my little family. More and more, I'm recognizing this.

No comments: