Thursday, January 25, 2007

Go Shorty, It's yah birthday!

This water bearer is celebrating her 32nd birthday today. It's been awesome, so far. I woke up and started working on my computer and only a half hour into working, I received my first, "Happy Birthday," call from my dear, sweet hubby. Last night, he had flowers waiting for me when I got home. He'd also prepared dinner (stuffed halibut, mixed red bean casserole, stuffed crab shells and bread sticks). Hey, it was heaven for me and I saw the results of my feast on the scale this morning (ouch!).

I continued working, then went into the kitchen for tea. What did I find? One of those singing cards that television has been advertising for a while. The outside says, "Out of a whole big world, I found my one and only. Lucky Me." Inside, it says, "Amazing you" and plays the song Some Kind of Wonderful. I nearly woke up the baby when I opened the card, but it was so sweet. Also, a new eternity necklace and CZ earring studs.

I went back to my room and received my second phone call; a birthday serenade from my mother (we all do that in my family). It was very sweet, complete with runs, rolls and lots of vibrato. We chatted for a bit about what she was going to get me and I (for the first time ever) declined her homemade biscuits or a red velvet birthday cake. I wonder what she'll come up with, now that she doesn't have to cook? Oh, how I'll miss that cake.

Hubby called again later, to see if I'd seen the cards and gifts yet. He wanted me to take my flowers to work, but I decided that I didn't want to leave them in the office over the weekend in no light to die. They're quite tropical looking and I can keep them alive a lot longer at home. (oh, he just called again. It's 10:50am).

On my way to taking the babe to school, I turned on my cell phone and it started to vibrate after a bit. Hubby had left an "I love you more than you'll ever know," message on my phone from when he'd first headed out to the gym this morning at 3:15...crazy guy. At work, a 9-pack of chocolate cup cakes (I'll have one, only) potted daffodils, a card, a balloon and many birthday wishes. It's good to be the Queen.

Tonight, I have no plans...only to take the babe to dance class. She starts gymnastics up again next week and dad has said he'll take her swimming starting next week, too. That child will have no opportunity to get into trouble. She'll be way too busy! I guess, it's good to be the princess, too.

5 comments:

Icey said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY fellow blogger. I pray that your year is as fantastic as hope!!!

Dee said...

Happy Birthday
Many Happy returns
but um, mixed red bean casserole?

Also, I think the next morning is too soon to see the results. Mightn't that be fluid retention?

Enchantress said...

Icey - Thank you so much and good luck with getting to a debt free life (I'm right behind you). :)

God's Child - Thanks a heap! The casseroled was more of a ground beef, bean and canned corn dish. I just wasn't sure what to call it (it's my hubby's concoction). He seasons it with stuff and it tastes pretty good.

You're right! That's exactly what it was and a lesson to me to stop getting on the scale everyday, too. Once a week is better than taking a peek everyday for sure.

Thanks again!!

Miss Construed... said...

Happy belated Birthday Enchantress- sorry I'm a bit late~!

Stuffed halibut? Whats that? Fancy rabbit perhaps? No idea!

Hope you had a great day!

Enchantress said...

rn_buffoon - That would make my hubby very happy if it were, but thankfully for me, it's only stuffed fish. :)