Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Still Making Up

Hubby was especially amorous, last night. Unfortunately, it didn't last as long as I'd hoped. He pretty much passed out at around 6:30pm, so I watched Made in America with the babe. It's like a going on a field trip at home. The babe asked lots of questions about the trash compactors being made last night and also the fire alarms. I'm glad she's inquisitive, but sometimes it gets down-right irritating. "What's this? What does this do? Why is that on? How come it's that color?" etc.... I was glad to see 8:00pm roll around. "Off to bed with you, child-of-many-questions."

I've been doing really well with the eating plan (see the other blog) but regular exercise has been put on hold while I recuperate. I've been coughing and hacking like a mad woman...more so because of the nasty inversion. Oh, we got our snow last weekend but it wasn't enough to wash the crud away. It's too bad because the air quality is just getting worse and worse. Newscasters say things like, "Elderly people and those with bronchial troubles should limit their time outside," and "Commute if at all possible." I've been running the humidifier and that helps, but I've still got the crudies. Even going skating caused a coughing spell at one point. I wanted to push myself harder, but didn't dare. I hope we get a nice, strong wind soon.

My girlfriends are taking me to lunch today for my birthday. We can't go tomorrow (the actual day) because of some weird meeting one of them has to "participate" in (that usually means she has to make sure the catering comes when it's supposed to and set up the meals, snacks, drinks, etc...). She seems to like her job, but I'd feel like a servant. Oh, well. So, off to lunch we're going today. It's actually the first time I've been to a restaurant in the year 2007 while watching what I eat. I think I'll be fine and won't go overboard (keeping fingers crossed).

No comments: