Thursday, January 04, 2007

First Day Back...Home Early

It was my first day back in the office today. I hate to admit it, but I kind of missed my coworkers. I was happy to chat with them about their holiday festivities. They all lead such fun lives, it was good to hear about everything they did with their time off (for those who took it or had it to take). I came back with a new do and was told that my look was "glamorous". Hmm. I hope I'm looking even more glamorous in the coming weeks. I've been off to a great start with my workout and eating plan.

After only four hours at work, I received a call from a coworker that the roads headed home were terrible. We got hit with a snow storm that was only supposed to dump 1 to 3 inches. Well, not so much. I think there's at least half a foot in our driveway. Wow! If only we could have had all this while I was off. Oh, well.

I received a summons so, I get to call and see if I have to appear in court tomorrow. Big fun. I hope I don't have to go. It would mean hubby getting off work, then coming home and taking care of the baby all day. Poor, guy. But what choice do we have? Hopefully, I don't have to go. Then, he can come home and sleep and I can try and last a full day at the office tomorrow. (P.S. These are photos I took today, believe it or not. I'm always saying I'll post photos I take and I never come through, well I came through. Ha! check out the winter wonderland that is my front yard. Craziness)



UPDATE - 10:04pm

Well, I have to go to court tomorrow. I've been summoned four other times and out of those, there were three times where the case was settled out of court. The fourth time, I had to go and witness the jury selection. What a long day that was. I wonder if when I take my laptop, they'll have wireless I can access? Probably not. I'm guessing the government will have a tight hold on that area and all I'll get to do is read (which is okay) and type long, endless blogs in notepad, word, wordperfect or wherever. I'm a little nervous. Why am I nervous? I guess because TOM is on the way and I'm emotional about everything. I wonder if that's a good excuse for ducking out of jury duty; "Sorry, your Honor. I feel that I would not be an unbiased juror because I may break down and go into hysterics over any little thing the plantiff, defendant or random witness may say about the case." Somehow, I don't think that'll fly.

4 comments:

dusio said...

What's it like to have snow? We haven't seen any yet this winter.

Happy New Year to you and I wish you success with all your plans!

D

Ms.Honey said...

AWWW Snow I would kinda wish that we got some here in the DC area but folks tend to not know how to act when it comes...

Dee said...

it is jan.7th and today was 70F.

Sorry to hear about the jury duty. Parents should be exempt from jury duty until children are school age.

Enchantress said...

dusio:Thanks for the positive vibes...and, who knows. You could get a storm or two this month. :)

honey-libra: Yes! That's how it was in Nashville. The forecast would call for flurries and everyone would run to Wal-mart as if their lives depended on it. :) Thankfully, Utahns seem to do alright with the snow.

gc: Omigosh! That's t-shirt weather! We probably won't have that until April (but I'm hoping for some freakishly warm days in March).