Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year




It's a brand new year and I can hardly believe it! The holidays were nice, but I'm glad they're over. Indy's first Christmas was nice and the babe seemed happy with everything she received. I've been home (and still am) since December 19th and boy has it been nice. It's always amazing to me how fast time flies when you're out of your normal routine. I blinked and January was here, or at least, it felt that way. In a week, Indy turns a year. The next day, hubby and I celebrate a decade of being together. A couple of weeks after that, yours truly turns thirty-two. It's a big month, suffice to say.

I've started up on my plan again. The whole staying fit thing is always such a struggle in the beginning, but once I'm in the mode, things always go well. I become addicted to the workouts, the adrenaline and endorphin rush as well as the change in my physique. I understand why people like my hubby continue building their bodies, even when they aren't competing. He's so lucky to have the metabolism he has. Even with all the gorging we did over the holidays, he still looks amazing (or maybe, I'm just too biased).

On a separate issue, my office hasn't been too far away, even though I was off and didn't want to think about it at all. I think my coworker called 5 or 6 times about this or that issue while I was home. Personally, I feel they were all things she could have figured out on her own. She claims that my knowledge and history in the place are the reasons why I knew the answers to her issues, but I'm not buying it. I trained my last coworker in a full day before the holidays, two years ago. I called her one day during my vacation to answer any questions she had (she only had two). After that, I didn't speak to her again until my return to the office.

During the holidays, we're so slow that I knew it would work out this way with my new coworker. Also, she's been there a year herself but, to no avail. I still got calls. Oh, well. All I can hope for is that one day, she feels secure in what she's doing. Not surprisingly, her personal life is sort of the same way; insecurity in her home and family life, so much so that she's afraid to have children.



So, my last day of lounging tomorrow along with a two-hour hair appointment. My hope is to enjoy every moment of the time off as I've done for the past couple of weeks. Then, spend my work days pining for the next block of time off. Come on spring break!

No comments: