Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Just One More Day

I can't believe my baby turns a year, tomorrow. I was thinking about what my state of mind was around this time last year. Thoughts of, "I just want her out!" were repeating in my mind and I had no idea the 10th would be the day she'd come (by this time, last year, I thought she'd never come). She's currently a happy, healthy baby girl who refuses to walk on her own (the little stinker). I picked her up from daycare yesterday. By far, the largest and tallest baby...she's zumming around all over the floor like a Nascar driver. One of her little friends who will be a year in a couple of months was toddling around her. Silly girl. I guess she'll do it on her own when she's ready.

Jury Duty didn't happen (thank goodness!). I was dismissed but, even if I hadn't been, I had already passed judgement. I probably would have been dismissed anyway. One of the questions to the potential jury by the judge, "Are you related or affiliated with law enforcement in any way?" The plaintiff in the case was a cop, fully equipped with his utility belt and gun. The defendant? A young kid who was being charged with distributing alcohol to a minor and driving with an open container. I'd already passed judgement, as I said and I would have had to tell the judge I was/am a cop's wife. One lady, who was a potential juror, indicated that her father was on the force for 35 years. She indicated that she was unsure if she could make an unbiased judgement and was quickly dismissed.

Other questions from the judge were pretty standard: name, occupation, level of education, marital status, and hobbies. One of the potentials owns a large resort, here in Utah. It was interesting to watch this little bit of the process, nonetheless.

I'll be in training a bit this week. Seems like it's the lot of my life, lately, but I'm up to it as long as it makes working easier and more productive in the long run. The trainer we had yesterday? I'm pretty convinced it's time for her to retire. She made a lot of lame jokes and was desperately trying to engage us with her slide show and her anecdotes of the last 30 or so years. She also went over all of the information we already know. It was supposedly an introduction and our true trainer will be here today. I hope she brings more to the table than that lady did.

I've been good about my eating and working out. I lost two pounds last week. Woohoo! (but, unfortunately, there's more to the story). I sat up and watched I Love New York on VH1 last night. I know, I know. I could feel the I.Q. points melting away. It's bad television at it's best and I was completely sucked in. I'm so ashamed. I guess I better sign up for RTA now. (Realty T.V. Anonymous)

1 comment:

Dee said...

re Jury Duty
good. There ought to be some compensation for those shifts he pulls.