Thursday, February 15, 2007

On the Mend

Well, it's as I figured: Sinus infections abound. I am now on antibiotics and a prescription strength decongestant. I felt better after the first dose of pills and I'm so glad that I'll soon be feeling like me again, but it's not all happiness and roses in the healing process. The decongestant keeps me awake and gives me the jitters...like I've had a couple of cups of coffee. I made the mistake of taking one last night before bed. Bad idea. I'll be sure to take it a few hours before bed tonight. My poor hubby probably wondered all night, "What is wrong with my wife? She keeps tossing and turning, then getting up to go to the bathroom." As if he didn't think I was already psycho.

I spent yesterday traveling to the doctor, then traveling back to my city to have my prescription filled (which took about a half hour). Then, I stopped and picked up lunch for me and Indy at the local Chinese buffet restaurant. You pay $3.39 per pound of buffet...it seems even crazier looking at it in print here. While inside paying, a gentleman comes up to me and says, "You know, I just want to tell you something and I know it's going to sound funny on this particular day but I feel compelled to tell you." After all that, I was on pins and needles. "What the heck is it," I thought but instead I just said, "Sure. Go ahead." Then he says, "Your hair is absolutely beautiful I mean it's stunning!" He gushes for a few seconds about my hair and I graciously thank him. It was nice to have a compliment on V-day or any day, for that matter and with the way I was looking and feeling overall.

We got home and ate our lunch. I played with Indy a bit afterwards, then put her down for her nap. She slept for three hours, poor kid. She could never nap in the car or while she was out with me because we were constantly moving. Talk about wiped out.

At around 4:00pm, hubby and the babe came home. The babe was equipped with three Mylar balloons, presented to her outside of school in front of everyone by her loving father. Hubby said that she was on cloud nine with all the kids oohing, ahing and pointing at her special present. She also came home with tons of Valentine cards, candy, pencils and stickers from school. It will be June before she's through all of it. Also in hand were lovely flowers from hubby, which I quickly cut and added to fresh water in my favorite vase.

A good day and with some news about our home, made even better. We're in the process of refinancing (in order to consolidate some debt and lower our monthly payments), but we had to have our home appraised to do so. I believe we paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $145,000 back in 2001 for our home. It is now worth $235,000. Nice. All of hubby's hard work is paying off in the vast amount of equity we've accumulated in our home. I was quite pleased to hear this almost unbelievable number.

2 comments:

Dee said...

please tell us, what have you done to make your hair stop traffic?

Enchantress said...

You know, it's just the braids. They're crocheted, but their the kind that are only braided part way and hang loose at the ends. The ends are very wavy and curly. I think that's makes the boys go crazy. ;)