Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

Well, it's Valentine's day and I'm still sick as a dog, so it's off to the doctor's I go. Enough is certainly enough! I called the doctor's office yesterday while I was at work and got an appointment for late this morning. I told my boss and he and my coworkers were basically like, "Yeah, you need to go." So, after I drop off the babe at school, I'll probably head over there. I think I'll get there early and by what I've learned of last minute doctor's appointments, this is a good thing.

I gave hubby his gifts last night, since he gave me mine ( a stunning, marcasite and garnet bracelet). Garnets are my birthstone. I gave him the following inside the same basket I used to give him his Valentine's gifts ten years ago, when we were still "courtin'". He's kept it all these years:

1. 4 crystal shot glasses
2. 1 bottle of Cask and Cream Chocolate Liqueur
3. Liz Claiborne Dress Shirt in Merlot (seen here on the right)
4. Dove Chocolates (dark)
5. The 2nd Season of the Justice League (I know...so romantic)
6. A lovely, sappy Valentine's card (he actually really loves those)

He seemed to like everything...maybe more so than I thought. I was glad that he was happy, just before dropping off to sleep. We exchanged gifts last night because he worked overtime early this morning (2:00am to 2:00pm). Truth be told, he's a big kid at heart and just couldn't wait any longer to exchange gifts.

Now, I'm working a bit and hope to get some more hours in today, despite my ailments. Is it sad to hope for an infection because that's what I'm doing. I'm hoping for an infection that needs antibiotics so that only after an hour of taking it, my life will seem renewed. If not an infection, I couldn't bear to hear, "Sorry. It's a virus...you'll just have to wait it out." Virus bad...bacteria good. Bacteria can be swept away by lovely prescription drugs. (Fingers crossed)

No comments: