Friday, February 09, 2007

Pop-Culture Mindblower...or is it?

I'm sure everyone knows by now that Anna (Vicky Lynn) is now among the departed for 2007. I actually found out while surfing blog pages and coming across a title that said, "Anna Nicole Smith Dead?!" It was sort of like coming across a tabloid headline and I dismissed it. Then, while heading back to the main page for my email, there it was. I motioned for coworkers to come over and look at my screen. All of us, gawking in disbelief.

Why were we surprised? We quickly discussed the events of her life just recently and how this shouldn't surprise us or anyone else for that matter. Her son is gone, she was going through two legal battles (one for money and one regarding paternity for her daughter). Her career, sans Trimspa ads, seemed to be dropping off again. With so much despair and a mind probably made too vulnerable by years of drug use, she must have become consumed. Articles say the autopsy will be performed today...we all know the results, don't we?

And, for a woman who modeled her life after Marilyn, it's just sort of eerie (or planned). I dunno. I suppose the TV movies, E! specials and journalists of the world will be all over this.

1 comment:

Dee said...

I am in deep shock. I bet that paternity-suit-monger is kinda wondering if he shouldn't have taken it easy. I mean, damn. She already seemed like such a tragic figure while she was alive. So Marilyn.