Friday, September 30, 2005

Some Satisfaction, Finally!

Wednesday, hubby was not home as anticipated. He had a previous engagement and had to leave shortly after I took the little one to dance class. When her class was over, we stopped at Burger King and picked up dinner (some appetites were going to be satisfied!). The next day, my department had a presentation at a lodge in Heber, Utah called StillWater. It's absolutely beautiful, nestled next to the Jordanelle river, surrounded by a breathtaking mountain terrain. Talk about a great place to have a retreat!

Anyway, I came into the office first, then my coworker and I headed up the canyon to the lodge to do our presentation and booth set-up. It was a good day, but very tiring. My phone didn't have service where we were, so I received no calls. Once we were back in Salt Lake, I answered a few emails then took off. My phone rang as soon as I left the building:

"Is there a reason why you haven't been around to answer or return any of my phone calls?" (in a somewhat suspicious tone)

"Um, yeah. I told you I'd be in Heber today. Our service doesn't work in Heber, you know that."

"Oh, yeah. I forgot, honey." (tone completely changes to the I'm-an-idiot-and-I'm-so-sorry tone)

"Well, isn't that interesting," I thought. I can't believe this is the same man that was treating me like I had the plague, two nights ago. All of a sudden, he's trying to find me. We then decide to talk a bit and I tell him about my frustrations with him and his fear. He promises he'll work on it, and agrees that his fear has effected our intimacy. Once I got home, I crawled into bed with him and made him remember why he's married to me. He was none too disappointed at my approach and both our modes changed for the better. I wanted to say, "See? Now was that so hard?"

He is working for the next twelve days and I'm sure that's going to drive me nuts. Supposedly, we're going to do stuff together on the 9th, while my girlfriend watches our little one. I'm hopeful, but not planning for it. Who knows what could happen between now and then. After the twelve-day stint, he'll be traveling to Vegas to test. I'm really nervous about that, but there isn't much I can do. He wants me to stay at my mother's while he's away, just in case something happens. You know, I really don't want to. Not that it wouldn't be nice at my mother's. I just would rather sleep in my own bed with my own stuff, you know? I'd have to bring the dog with me if I went so, added chaos. I'm still deliberating.

Tonight, I want to take my daughter to the Corn Maze/Trail of Doom. I kind of "hyped it up" for her, so she would see it as fun instead of a potential breeding ground for nightmares. We could just do the maze, but this seems like a fun way to get the season started. I just love the scary season.

No comments: