Monday, October 03, 2005

The Corn Maze and Other Adventures

The corn maze was just that...a corn maze, but I guess I didn't realize how tall corn actually gets. Man, it was crazy! A lot of fun, at first. We went through and roamed around looking for the check points. Each checkpoint had it's own, unique marking tool so, you couldn't just mark everything up and leave. We initially just went in to roam, then got into the marking stuff pretty good.

There were 6 check points. We had a time finding the last one, but eventually stumbled upon it. After that, we were ready to go. Unfortunately, the maze was not ready to release us. Trail after trail we walked with no entrance in site. Some trails we crossed over several times. I'm sure we ended up walking more than five miles and boy did my body let me know that, that just wasn't okay. The babe kept fussing, "Mommy, why don't you just read the map so we can get outta here." Well, it just wasn't that simple. I knew if I could find a check point, I might be able to get us out. Finally, I found one. We cut through the corn and viola! The entrance appeared. We were so glad to be out of there and out of all that blasted corn. I'm glad we didn't do the Trail of Doom. The babe would have had cardiac arrest for sure (she could hear the voices and sound effects from where we were and was already freaked out).

Once home, we stripped, showered and crashed. It was a hard night. The next day, I prepared the gown for dyeing. It is a double-layered, nylon gown that reaches to the floor. The color was a very bright cherry. The black dye made it a deep purple...pretty, but not the color I was going for. I added dark green and the gown went chocolate. Very nice. I also finished the cape and was totally exhausted! Two little activities and I was ready to pass out. My energy level has dropped again and I know that it's in for the spiral downward from here on out. I keep trying to do what I did before, but to no avail. I've just got to learn to take it slow (but that's so hard for me!). Sunday, I spent most of the day resting, but did put a pot roast in the crock-pot early that morning, then made veggies and rice to go with it that afternoon. Delicious! I love comfort foods and I'm so glad I don't have to deny myself of them this year.

No comments: