Monday, September 19, 2005

Love Those Nooners!

Hubby surprised me with lunch on Friday. I was so thrilled to see him! We ate, talked and laughed a lot (things I really miss, when he's not around). Of course, nooners are much more fun, when you're not pregnant (we didn't even try). After lunch, the day went pretty quickly and the weekend started off with the babe and I shopping at Michael's crafts (we're now in search of everything Unicorn for the baby's room). We bought a couple of those velvet pictures to color and she and I had a good time doing that in bed before I had to put her down.

Saturday, we all got up and prepared to run errands (hubby was planning another retreat). The babe and I went to Wally World, then to Mickey D's for breakfast, then to Home Depot, then to my mother's house to visit. Then, all the girls (including my sister) drove into Salt Lake to go shopping. That was about a two hour excursion, then back home. I fixed our lunch, then set about to fixing the bar lights in the babe's and the master bathrooms. Man, you don't realize how dark a room is until you fix all the lights. After that project, I put in a dimmer in the baby's nursery (proud to say, all by my lonesome). :-) Hubby was so impressed, the next day, he was sure we'd have no problem attaching the ceiling fan in our bedroom.

That night, after visiting a few more stores, I began to get a very sore throat. I sucked on some ludens, but it didn't help all that much. The babe went to bed and I sat up and put the massager on my back (it was a busy day and my back was reminding me that a pregnant lady can't take on the world). At around 1:00 am, my hubby climbed into bed. He had driven to Idaho again and was all checked into his room. He said that he went to Wally World, walked by a mirror and caught a glimpse of himself. He said he didn't like what he saw. He was alone and looked it...unhappy without his family. He said, he went back to the room, grabbed his stuff and hit the road (this was at around 11:00 pm). He stopped for gas on the way back and grabbed a lottery ticket (you know, priorities). He said he was so happy to be home and back in my arms and then it happened, finally. He said, "I realized that I don't need or want anyone else. I have these problems, that's trued and I don't know if they'll ever go away. But, all I want is you...my beautiful wife." If I'd been a bit more awake, I probably would have cried.

So, after our talk and intimacy, I realized that I didn't feel very good...you know, the sore throat and all. It was still there and my head felt congested. By Sunday morning, I was sick as a dog! I stayed home and hubby went and bought the family breakfast and juice. I ate and laid on the couch with him most of the day. Although I felt like crap, it was nice to have him around so much. The babe alternated between playing in her new playroom downstairs, playing in her bedroom and playing in the living room where we were. She was all played out by bedtime.

I slept okay, but I still feel it, you know? All the prenatals and vitamin C must have fought off the bulk of what could have been (thank God!). I was able to take sudafed, but it's not Nyquil (or a good shot of brandy or whiskey. That'll stop a virus in it's tracks for sure!) Can't do that to the baby. I'm really tired and could literally lie down on top of my desk right now. I think people would probably notice a big round lady sprawled out on her desk, slobbering on herself.

No comments: