Monday, June 27, 2005

Saving for a Flying Day

I broke down and purchased my airline tickets this weekend. It was terrible! I've never paid so much for airline tickets before. I suppose I should just be grateful they weren't more than what they were (over $400). The car rental was easy and inexpensive, thank goodness. I already had my hotel arrangements, so everything is finally done. In fact, today is the day my dress is supposed to be ready. Won't it be interesting, trying it on now!

Hooray! I'm so happy that the funding for PBS came through. I actually wrote my congressman and expressed my distress over the proposal last week. It was good to see that the public was heard and congress restored the funding. There's so much garbage on t.v. these days that I really worried about what my daughter would watch (during those times when she is allowed to watch t.v.). She has video tapes and DVDs, but they get reptitive. In the morning, the easiest thing to do (after all the chores are done and she's eating her morning snack) is to turn on PBS Kids and have Arthur or Clifford on. Good quality shows, where I know she'll actually learn something while being entertained. Again, I am thrilled the programming is sticking around.

The weekend was good. I saw Batman Begins yesterday and was utterly impressed. I've always liked Christian Bale, but he was superb in this opening to the new franchise. Hooray for good actors and writers! I don't think that the Quatro Fantasticos (The Fantastic Four)will be up to this caliber, but should be entertaining enough. I'll go to see that as well.

I thought I saw my stomach move yesterday, when I felt some flutters. Are they turning into real kicks already? It might be a bit early or it could have been a muscle twitch, but it was sure cool to see.

No comments: