Friday, July 01, 2005

Happy Independence Day


But, are we really? No. I'm not going to get deep...too tired. It's been kind of a lazy day today...not too busy here at work and the day is just dragging, dragging, dragging by. We went to a coworker's house for lunch and sat on her patio till almost two. I thought surely that diversion would help speed up the time, but alas. It is still an hour from quitting time for me.

I've had a nagging headache all day. I actually got some perfume (my favorite, KL) to spray out of the atomizer and it smelled lovely, but I think this same loveliness is what is giving me this blasted headache (and I rarely get headaches). That's the only thing I've done differently today. I also retouched my hair with new Dark and Lovely Botanical Relaxer one I've not used before. I can't imagine that's what's giving me my headache, since I retouched my hair a month ago with no troubles. Who knows. I'm glad I'm documenting this so, if in four weeks I do my retouch and another headache comes back, I have a reference. And of course, no one has any tylenol. Plenty of Ibu floating around, though.

Tomorrow, we're supposed to go to my mother's for a BBQ. It will be the first time I've been back to my mother's (officially) since the incident in February. I'm glad to be going, but I'll probably sit in a corner and make sure not to "rock the boat" even a smidgeon. She wants us to bring the dog, so that will make it a very full house indeed (a great dane and a rottweiler chasing each other around the house. What fun!).

Oh, will this day ever end?! I found myself philosophying over an ion hair dryer a moment ago. I've gotta get out of here! If only my boss would just say, "Take off. It's the holidays. Have fun." Yeah, that's likely to happen.

I've still been enjoying my Miami Vice episodes. They are so good! Last night, the one I saw was entitled, Give a Little, Take a Little. It involved Gina and Trudy in a prostitute/drug take down. Gina got in way too deep and ended up sleeping with a crime boss. He was evil, greasy and hairy...a deadly combination. She had a moment with Trudy and Crockett towards the end. Talk about going above and beyond the call of duty!

Okay, so I can only type so much before I bore everyone to tears. I'll try to find something else to get into for the next 45 minutes or so. Happy fourth!

No comments: