Friday, July 29, 2005

Little Round Woman

That's what my hubby calls me, now. I wonder if when he says it and we're in public, people understand it's a term of endearment and not some condescending put-down of his pregnant wife. It's really cute, actually. I mean, that's what I am right now: a little round woman all of 62 inches tall and a belly moving into it's own zip code. He keeps stopping at Motherhood Maternity when we're in the mall. Their clearance rack seems to change every week and he's always searching for something new to get me. He's such an awesome guy, I gotta tell you. four new dresses in the past two weeks.

I wore one of those dresses yesterday - a coral colored one piece with an empire waist, lightly flowered bodice and a tie in the back. My coworker brought her 3 month old daughter into the office and after having a giggle, she spit up all over me. She and her husband began apologizing profusely while I just continued to cuddle and play with her. I told them that I knew the game and it didn't bother me. Her husband was like, "But that's so gross!" Of course, I tore off the dress as soon as I got home and took a shower. An hour in the car smelling like hot, regurgitated Enfamil is not my idea of fun.

Today, my hubby wouldn't get up (damn, the irony. The phone just rang and it was him!) He normally gets up at four, gets ready and is out of the door by five. At a quarter to six, he was still snoring and barely stirring when I'd touch him. I asked him, "Why are you sleeping so much? It's worrying me." Actually, he's had insomnia for the past couple of days, so this is probably needed sleep...worthy of a "call in" to the office, I'd say (which is what he's getting ready to do, now at eight in the morning). I hope he gets the rest he needs today and takes a bit of a break. He really, really needs one. He's been working those manic overtime hours and now he's training for a show. No wonder he was sleeping like the dead!

I have my first appointment with my new doctor next week. I tried to call the office earlier this week to see if they had my records. The first lady on the phone sounded totally clueless and I wasn't quite sure if she was a receptionist or an answering service. She then told me no one was there, which was strange at nearly nine in the morning. Finally, I think she understood what I needed and sent me to the medical records office. They told me that once they have the records they send them to the doctor, so she had no way of knowing if they'd come in or not. All I want is to be sure they have them so that when I see him, it's not a blank for him or me. I think I'll try again in the later morning. Perhaps specific doctor's assistants aren't there until certain times. I really don't want this to be a bust like the last doctor. I don't think I can go through this again.

The brother-in-law's ticket home was purchased last night. He will be leaving Friday the 5th (not soon enough, if you ask me). All of a sudden, all the food hubby has purchased for his dear pregnant wife has started to disappear. I was all geared up to eat the sausage biscuits he bought for me and low an behold they were gone! Gone, I tells yah! Not only that, there is only one Long John Silver's here in this state and it's located smack downtown (where I never venture). My mother took me to lunch there on Wednesday, she bought me hush puppies to take home (twelve come in a box). When I got home last night, there were two left. TWO! I was so livid! Then, the brother-in-law tried to perpetrate like he didn't know what I was talking about. Then, he just got up and left. Now, I admit. I don't know a great deal about fourteen year olds, but don't most people own up to something when they know they're wrong, especially when they've been caught red-handed? There's nothing else to do, in my opinion. Well, he's got a lot to learn about being a man and owning up to his responsibilities. No one is perfect, but at least own up, you know?

My hubby is at his limits too. His space is being compromised and he's ready to kill that boy. He's been nice to have for a visit, but it's time for him to go home. I think he's ready to go home too because, I believe his mother allows him to do whatever he wants and our structured environment is too limiting for him (as structured as our environment is). She also enables him, and I refuse to do that with someone who will be a grown man in just a few short years.

TGIF! No plans for the weekend and that doesn't bother me in the least.

No comments: