Thursday, August 04, 2005

The New Doctor Sees Me

Really. He sees me, unlike the last one. I was much happier with this visit than with the two visits I had with my previous doctor. He did ask me why I left the last one, then agreed that comfort was important and that if I ever felt like the communication wasn't good or I wasn't receiving the information I needed from him or anyone in his team, that I should switch again. I don't think I'll need to.

I had my visit on Tuesday, after leaving work at around 10ish to pick up the babe at daycare. We got to the office at around 10 minutes till and waited to be seen. The waiting room was just that: a waiting room. Not very appealing with very few magazines and all the chairs lined around the room facing one direction. I've never been in a waiting room quite like that one before. The babe colored while I watched the comings and goings of other patients. We were then seen in by my nurse, Shasta, who was pleasant and bubbly and weighed me without any conviction or judgment in her. It was great! We went to our examination room and filled out papers together and chatted about my history. She was enchanted with my daughter (score for this office!). The doctor came in a few minutes later, addressed my daughter, then talked to me about my status and so forth.

When he reached for the fetal Doppler and KY, applied the KY to my belly and added the Doppler. Boom. The baby's heartbeat right away. The babe was impressed. We then scheduled the ultrasound (yes, the big one) for August 31st. He said I could bring a video tape, if I wanted to record the event (heck yeah). My hubby is so excited and the babe has no idea. She will be totally blown away.

Yesterday was a pretty average day, but today hasn't been the greatest. Granted, it's gotten better. It started off with the daycare lady yelling for the babe, while I was there (she didn't know I was there). At any rate, it upset me terribly. I talked to anyone who would listen, then I talked to the manager. She was very understanding and helpful. I hope it doesn't lead to any backlash from the teacher. The babe only has a few weeks left there anyway.

Then, I was supposed to have a happy-go-lucky birthday lunch with one of my co-workers, when I got side-lined by work. I ended up going to the deli downstairs for hamburger and fries. They were all pretty good, but I would have rather have gone to Olive Garden.

Tonight, I just want to sleep and end the day. I'm done and want to be done with it; however, one good thing did come up. I think I found someone to do my hair. I'm going to have it braided so that I don't have to do anything to it for a while. When pregnant, the last thing you want to do is fuss over your hair. Granted, I wear pieces, but if you have a ten-foot fro, the pieces don't fit the best. I'll only be able to wear them for a few days longer before I really start to look crazy. The lady quoted good prices and asked me to figure out what I want. I will probably stop at B&N and pick up a few hair magazines to help. Then, when I buy the hair, I'll look at the hair book for more ideas.

The boy leaves tomorrow morning. Hooray! So, I do have something to look forward to (with the way the day was going, I was beginning to wonder).

No comments: