Monday, August 22, 2005

Massages, Sleeping in and Family Time

Thursday evenings massage was exquisite! The table didn't have a hole, but it did have a foam rubber substance (covered by many warm towels) with a hole and a place for mama's ample bossom. Climbing onto the table was more of a challenge and I probably should ask for a step stool, next time. The massage always begins with working from the top of the back to the bottom. Then, they work on one side of the body, then the other. Afterwards, they ask you to turn over (discreetly covered, since most people are stark naked, including myself) and they rub from the front. I was in heaven! I went home and hubby calls to say that he got a really good deal on a lobster and was having it steamed, along with some peel and eat shrimp for dinner.

The shrimp was great, but I've never been a big fan of lobster. I'd much rather have crab. It's much more tender and has a sweeter flavor, in my opinion. Anyway, the tail was tough and I could barely bite through it. I ended up giving my lobster to hubby, who shared it with the dog. The next evening, I began watching an anime DVD we've had for a while, The Devil Lady: The Awakening, Part 1. Actually, I didn't know it was a part one, until I started watching. I thought it was an entire movie. Now, I'm hooked and of course, I'll have to complete the series (there are six discs, I've discovered). It's a about a fashion model who discovers, by force, that she's also a demon beast and has been recruited to kill others like her. If you like anime (especially anime that's a bit on the dark side), you'll like this.

Saturday, I folded laundry (a week's worth), mopped the floors, and cleaned the bathrooms. I was totally wiped out from all of it. I don't know why I keep forgetting that I can't do as much as a prego, but I keep trying. My back was in agony and a head ache creeped in later in the day. Hubby came home and we all napped. It was nice, since I can't sleep with him in the evenings anymore. When we woke up, he made dinner (Talapia, stir-fried veggies and potatoes) and we all ate as a family.

Sunday, we went to church and heard the disturbing news about a former member, Thomas Herrion. They still don't know how or why he died, but in the coming weeks, toxicology reports will hopefully give some clue as to what was going on. It's such a shame when they go so young. My coworker had a friend parrish in the recent cave tragedy that happened last week. He was in his early twenties and had just begun to live his life. They're calling it the worst cave incident in the US in over eleven years. I, myself would have never stepped foot in that thing.

After church, the babe watched movies and played in her play-room, while her daddy and I had time together. We've been initmate, despite the problems and I hope that it isn't confusing matters. Actually, our intimacy has intensified and become more adventurous, yet I still wonder and question, and he's always quick to give reassurance and help with any questions I have. I'm still pushing for him to call a counseling center and he promises that he will (I will, however, continue to stay on him until there's proof that he's seeing someone). I worry, but I also keep the faith that he'll work hard to make things right with our relationship. This weekend, he's supposed to take some "time away" to think and get his head together. He has asked that I do the same thing on his next weekend off, while he keeps the babe. I'm nervous, but hope that this will be a way for both of us to re-establish the trust. He claims that it will be some remote area (like Idaho or Wymoing) where there's no outside influence to corrupt. We'll see. He has said that he will check in, so that we're not worried about him (and also, to put my mind at ease). He's still diliberating on whether he'll even do it. I told him that he should, so that he won't regret it later.

No comments: