Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Five Years Ago

I was in a hospital, probably asleep, dreaming about the day's events. I had just given birth to a beautiful, six-pound eleven-ounce chocolate morsel who was more beautiful to me than anything in life. She was ill, but I knew she would pull through.

I can't believe how time passes! This chocolate morsel will be starting school in a couple of weeks. Holy cow! The weekend was filled with birthday bliss for her. She had the party to end all parties and gifts galore. Then, today she asks me, "Are we going to do more party stuff today, mama?" I was thinking, "Are you kidding, kid??" Anyway, it's a very nostalgic day for me and one day, I will share the events with her.

My hubby and I had a long heart-to-heart yesterday and I really feel much better. He seems to as well. He was very honest and open and I think that is where it has to start. I would ask questions that I needed answers to and hoped he would answer, and he would without hesitation. I was happy that he opened up so freely and I asked him to keep this line of communication open or else what happened before would happen again. He is still going to seek out objective, professional help, but we made a lot of headway. I don't think I could have gotten through the rest of the week without our talk.

I got my hair done Friday night. It took her an hour less than she quoted me (5 hours). My butt and back were in agony, but my hair looks good. I haven't had anyone take pictures of it yet, but I will. I may even be brave enough to add them to the blog! It's already been really nice not to have to do anything with it. I've curled it, but that's it. I don't even have to. I'm loving this freedom, I really am.

Finally, there have been some developments with the baby. My perinatology visit is scheduled for August 24th (seems like forever from now, and I've asks that they inform me of any cancellations). At that time, I will have a counseling session with one of the doctors and a very extensive ultrasound, in which they will measure everything to assure the health of the baby. I am excited to see the little one, but scared to hear any bad news. I don't need or want any more bad news right now. I'm glad that I've found the strength to get through this and I know that I have my friends and family to thank for giving me so much support. I'll continue to lean on them and hope that some day I can return the favor.

No comments: