Thursday, June 02, 2005

Nausea, Yuck!

It's here and in full force. This morning, I awakened to my first real bout of morning sickness. It was terrible and also coupled with a throat full of mucus. Nice. I ate a couple of pieces of watermelon and the sweet wet taste soothed me for about 2.2 seconds. The nausea returned in full effect. Ugh! I then thought about bacon and eggs and how good it sounded to me. Would it help? I stopped at Mickey D's for a big breakfast (minus the sausage) and shortly after the eggs touched my tongue, my stomach settled. I guess the protein factor made the difference. I'm still feeling a little queasy, but nothing like this morning. I'm not sure if I'll have it as bad as my first pregnancy or not. Let's hope not. My first trimester was rough, I tell yah!

So far so good. I've been taking power naps and getting much more rest at night, now that this cold seems to be heading out of my system (Thank, God!). I thought I'd end up in the hospital on Sunday. Today, I feel 80% better. It's nice to feel healthy (for the most part) again.

I had my Wee Care interview yesterday. The lady on the phone, Kathy, was one of those giggly types...constantly. She was pleasant and knowledgeable, but I really wasn't in the mood for the giggles. The odd thing is that when someone does that, you start doing it too. I found myself giggling after ever sentence. Yuck! Gimme a break here, lady.

I left the office early because I still felt the horribleness of my cold. I ate lunch and fell straight to sleep. It was exactly what I needed. My hubby picked up The Boogeyman at Hollywood video and brought it home. What crap! Other than the very beginning and the end, it was extremely slow moving with very little suspense and the story was sort of transparent. I really had hoped for better. Hubby fell asleep through most of it. I consider myself a horror
connoisseur and horror this garbage was not.

I've got my raspberry ginger ale next to me, which I'll probably sip on throughout the day. I've got to remember to pick up some more of this stuff for home. Water just hasn't tasted very good the last few days, but I know I need some desperately. It just heightens the bathroom visits even more (like I really need to be in there every fifteen minutes. I don't think so). Till tomorrow...

No comments: