Monday, June 20, 2005

A Restful Weekend

I spent the weekend sleeping in (which I never do) and taking naps. It was bliss! I also ate a lot. I'm still eating...all the time. I feel like I just shovel the food in but thankfully, most of it is good food. I actually wanted an apple this weekend and ended up mooching it from my daughter. I need to go buy some. It's seems to be one of the few sweet items I can stand. Everything else makes me ill.

I'm going to have a hard time getting through the next couple of weeks, I just know it. I've had a day off for the past three weeks for one reason or another. These next couple will be hot and long. I'll try to withstand what I can, but it's hard when there's nothing to look forward too (except, of course, the up and coming fourth of July holiday and my trip out of town, if I can ever find a cheap enough ticket). We'll see what becomes of that issue in the next few days. I'm down to the wire.

I was watching Family Guy and American Dad last night and was really marveling at how they "take it there" with their jokes. It's really outstanding how much they're getting away with and the comedy is truly clever, but I'm very glad that my little one is sound asleep in bed when these shows come on. Most of the references, I don't think she'd get but others...I really wonder how many questions parents are getting from their older children.

I want to give myself something to look forward to this week, but I don't know if we'll have time for swimming or even if I'll have the energy for it. Restaurants have become pretty standard, so no excitement there. I'm not sure what to do. Oh, well. I guess I just wait patiently through the next two weeks (and watch my belly expand).

No comments: