Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Recovery is Here

What a bust! I spent the whole weekend in bed sick with one of the worst colds I've ever had. The awful part was that I couldn't take any meds, so I used every would-be natural remedy I could think of (lots of sitting in the bathroom with the shower going, hot baths, soup, coffee to open my lungs, humidifier blowing directly in my face). Finally on Tuesday, I called the doctor's office to see if there was anything I could take (the last time I was pregnant, I could only take tylenol and one form of Robitussin). This time, the doctor's nurse said Sudafed. I ran to the store and bought some. Boy, do I feel like a different person. It made me feel 70% better and I actually made it to work today. The bummer is that I really feel I should have my holiday back, since it really wasn't a holiday for me. I know. Good luck with that.

So far, all seems to be well. I don't really have morning sickness, but the blood-hound in me has returned. I can smell everything! It's crazy! I also have little tolerance for some foods. They just don't appeal to me right now. I'm starting to get really tired of hotpockets (which I really love) and, I don't want cereal. That one's the really strange thing. How can someone not want cereal? When nothing else sounds good, you can usually settle in with your favorite cereal and feel satisfied. Oh, well. I hope my love for it returns after the baby's born.

I have my phone interview with the prenatal care program this morning. It's for those on my hubby's insurance...some sort of "good start" program for pregnant moms. They're supposed to offer support and guidance during this "special" time in my life (yeah, like I haven't done this before). Anyway, maybe some things have changed in the last five years. Perhaps even for the better! One can hope. I'll at least let them know what my primary physician said about the Sudafed (I didn't call my obgyn because I don't meet with her until next week. I thought it would be kind of weird if I called before then). We'll see how it all goes.

I hope I make it through the day. I'm really not feeling work, but I know there's lots to be done. I'd better get on it.

No comments: