Thursday, May 26, 2005

So Dang Hungry

I keep eating and eating and eating...feeling full only after a sufficient amount of protein (which really doesn't surprise me). I'm craving salads, too. Salads! Who craves salads? It's too weird. I want to crave something good like double-pepperoni pizza or mom's famous cheesecake. Oh, well. I guess I hadn't complain. Salads can't do too much damage. I'll be the most regular person on my block.

Speaking of which, the babe had terrible diarrhea last night (the first bout she's ever had). She said, "Mommy, it's just all water." Poor kid. She sat there for a good ten minutes before her tummy was settled enough to go back to bed. I felt so bad for her. I gave her a tums before I knew what was really going on. She was just complaining about a stomach ache, and then she started to cry. For me, I was thinking, "Oh, crap. Please don't let this be appendicitis," and "How would I even know if this was appendicitis?" Thankfully, I took the appropriate steps. She slept soundly the rest of the night.

This morning, I woke up with a heavy, aching chest and nearly freaked out. A chest cold is the last thing I need in my condition...can't take any drugs. Ugh! I sat in the bathroom with the shower on for about five minutes, hoping that would help. It did. I then got me and the babe ready for our day and headed out for our thirty minute commute to the city. After I'd dropped her off, I thought about alternative cures: coffee. I stopped for a cappuccino and, believe it or not, the achiness went away and the breathing returned to normal. Who woulda thunk it? I'm glad that I didn't have to suffer through anything horrific. I'll keep my chest covered and healthy for the next few weeks. Don't want a scare like that again.

No comments: