Monday, May 23, 2005

Thinking on Time

I have another blog that is primarily about weight loss, but with all the new things happening to me, I've decided to put it on hold for a bit and blog on this one. So, here begins my first post on my new blog.

Saturday, I whipped out an old pregnancy to confirm suspicions. Indeed, the test revealed a positive. This will be my second child and although unplanned, we are not disappointed. Both my husband and I feel that children are gifts from God. We have an active sex-life, we avoided protection and so, here we are. There's no complaining or grief only the fact that we did what millions of other people have done before us: conceived a child. From general calculations from my favorite baby site, BabyCenter, we have determined that our next little one will be here sometime in January. This blog will chronicle our new dawn, our new day, and our new life (taken from the song originally sung by Nina Simone, now being covered by Michael Buble).

I have been married seven years to a wonderful man I call my best friend. We met in college, tried to hook up and succeeded in sabotaging the whole thing. (Okay, I sabotaged it. I was a stupid freshman, what can I say). Anyway, a few years later we tried again and here we are. Like any married couple, we have our ups and downs (anyone who tells you marriage is easy is lying and you shouldn't believe anything he/she says) but, we are generally happy and love each other no matter what.

We had our first child in 2000 (also, unplanned) during our second year of marriage. It was really difficult because we had very little money and lived in a tiny apartment. We survived, saved a lot, planned a lot and moved into our first home during the summer of 2001. Home ownership has been nice as well but, it also comes with it's share of worries and frustrations too.

I'm not expert on being a parent. I do the best that I can everyday and try to take
criticism positively (that's tough for me). I listen to seasoned parents, read a lot and pray a lot. I hope that I will be able to take the knowledge I have learned from my first child and rear the second one with more ease or at least with more of an understanding of what to do. I have to say that with many of the mistakes I made, on the flip side, I made a lot of great decisions that I'll use again.

This all still seems a bit weird. The sensations, the idea of it all. My husband is already starting to have sympath symptons and we just found out Saturday! I'm having cravings and my nausea is starting to rear it's ugly head (fun, fun). I'll be calling my primary practitioner today to ask for a Obgyn referral (I wasn't happy with my last one). I will also ask the opinion of my daughter's pediatrician, of whom I hold in very high regard. As I progress in this adventure I will keep this blog as up-to-date as I can.

No comments: