Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Just Enough to Feel a Bit of Discomfort

I made my first appointment with my doctor, yesterday. It's for June 6th at 1:30pm. When I gave the admin my period date, she told me I was seven weeks along, not five. Wow! I guess that puts me due in early January, I guess...a Capricorn. I am praying that I have a better experience with this doctor than my last one. The latter always seemed so busy, like she just didn't have enough time for me. In fact, she scared me a little. By the birth, my mother was ready to pounce on her (my water broke and the doctor didn't appear until ten hours later. She was pissed).

I can't sleep on my stomach anymore (my favorite position). I tried last night and it felt like I was laying on a water balloon. Not a nice feeling at all. My side and back are okay, but I know it won't be long until I'll need my body and accessory pillows again. My husband quickly learned how to sleep in a very restricted space on our bed (about four inches worth of space). Poor guy; however, he never complained and always accommodated my changing body. I can already tell he's getting excited.

Sitting for long periods of time have never been great, but now it's even more noticeable. I've changed my chair to tilt me back a bit more. I'm sure it will be time for work chair and car chair pillows soon. It's amazing how all this stuff comes back. The things you did, how you did them and why. What you ate and what you couldn't eat because the smell drove you to hurls (I haven't started that yet, thankfully, but I am getting sensitive to smells). I've always been a blood-hound, so pregnancy really intensifies it for me. Stearing clear of all KFCs, thank you.

I read in my book that the baby (around 7 weeks old) looks less like a tadpole and more like a little human. She/He has hands and feet, all her/his toes and a huge liver. No bones yet, but the liver will help develop the"stuff" that will make the bones. Even the second time, it's all very fascinating. I guess I'm getting excited too.

No comments: