Monday, June 13, 2005

Emotions Running Wild

The hormones have certainly kicked into overdrive. Hubby and I got into the most ridiculous argument this weekend. Luckily, it all blew over yesterday. The stress was intense and the living was hard, but we made it through. It's as if I'm outside of my body and I can see myself saying things and doing things I would not normally do, but there isn't anything I can do to intercede. I'm stuck, watching myself loose it completely or suffer some sort of strange emotional breakdown. The vitamins should help, but I think I need more B-6. I'll have to ask my doctor about it on the next visit (if I remember too).

The nausea is also intensifying a bit, but it's still not like it was with my first. I wake up and taste it in my mouth. I can still smell myself and that doesn't help matters much. I immediately jump into the shower and scrub for days, then spray myself with every feminine product I can get my hands on. The wild thing is that no one else can smell it. My hubby insists that there is no strange odor emitting from me. I'm glad because I'd hate to put anyone else through this.

Saturday, my daughter and I went with a friend to lunch at my favorite Chinese restaurant. Then, we went to the city arts festival and saw her friend perform. They were pretty good. The group is called Zion Tribe and I've linked the name, but I can't seem to get onto their site. Perhaps you'll have better luck. They had a sort of island/reggae sound that was pleasant on such a rainy day. I'm sure the turn out would have been much better too, if the weather had cooperated. Despite it, we still had a good time and my daughter met the band afterwards.

I slept a lot, yesterday. It did me good; however, I think I also spoiled myself. I have a feeling that at around lunch time, I'll need a take a nap. It's too bad there isn't a lounge area where some one could do just that. I know some offices have those types of accommodations. I think more offices should, not just for pregos like me, but for people who put in a lot of hours or just need a break away from the normal office setting.

I'm looking forward to my ultrasound on Wednesday (so is hubby). I'll finally have a firm date (You know, I say that but knowing my luck, they'll say,"We can't really determine a date for you, Ms. S. Perhaps you should just go with your doctor's guesstimate.") Yep. That's how things usually work for me.

No comments: