Thursday, October 09, 2008

Um, Autumn?!


So, does this look like fall weather? It's looking a little chilled to me for the weekend. So much for the corn maze. I was going to do it last weekend, but it rained the entire time (I did manage a steamy cup of Stephen's Cocoa, Tasha and it was divine! I sat in my window seat, staring out at the cool downpour, while I read and sipped.) At the time, I thought, "Well, I give it a go next weekend" but, no dice. I suppose cleaning out the Babe's room will be the bulk of our activities, now.

The room is an issue. The furniture is falling apart and she's an 8 year old pack-rat. I can't stand it anymore! I'm going in like the terminator and wiping shyt out. Seriously! She's got DVD shelves on the floor, using them as a make-shift desk. What the hell?! Markers, crayons, paper and other miscellany are shoved under her mattress. How did they get there? It's time to regulate. Remember that song? Regulators? Mount up!

Then, perhaps a repeat of last weekend; a good book and cocoa. I put new seed in the bird feeder, so there will probably be lots of birds to ogle while we sip. Hubby says we're having a family date on Saturday, since going anywhere is sort of out of the question. I just hope we're in a goo frame of mind to enjoy it. The talk is slated for that day (originally, I'd thought Wednesday, but I got my dates confused).

Gotta work on a project. Later!

UPDATE (it's about 8:40pm): It's been a hard evening. I left work with a project looming over my head (which I was initially told had no time frame...then bossy says he needs it for a meeting tomorrow. Yikes! I came home and started working on it out of sheer panic). Normally, I would have cuddled with hubby and pushed away the darkness of the outside world, but I couldn't. He came over and it was nice to have him around. We grocery shopped with Indy, while the Babe was at gymnastics. We went home, put everything away and then he started packing up to leave. I was heartbroken. Still am. We just got off the phone and we're to make lists for tomorrow's meeting. We're going to try to keep it "light-hearted" so that we don't stress each other out. I'm all for that. My weatherbug says it's 48 degrees. Yeesh! That's almost winter weather. The wind is whipping around like crazy outside. I'm glad I put the flannel sheets on last night.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

UMMMMM, those temperatures are off the meter. I like cold weather, and miss real winters (Maryland's winters are WEAK), but that's waaay too cold for early October. *fanning some of our warm weather your way*

I hope all goes well with hubby. And me and your daughter must be kindred spirits. I had collect-stuff-itis when I was that age. I think it took my mom a good year to clean it up when I moved out.

Enchantress said...

Thanks! (I can't feel it yet...it's 46 degrees and 2:06pm. I can't feel my feet!:-) )

Oh, no! You mean, it could last past age 8? Not sure I can handle it!