Saturday, October 04, 2008

Left in the Lurch

I was having a pretty good night until my hubby didn't call me back (like he said he would). I went over to drop off my daughter for a sleepover last night, ended up having a few glasses of wine with the friend's mother. When her dad got home, we all sat and chatted for long time. It was fun but I wanted my hubby there to chat with too. It could have been nice, the two couples, even though we aren't "together" right now. I thought, "a step in the right direction", but he decided not to answer his phone...all night.

By midnight, I was done and went to bed. I really wasn't tired, I had just come to the realization that he didn't want to talk to me. He's probably had enough my emotional outbursts (if that's what they are) and would rather just not deal with me for a while. It's fine. I won't try to call and I'll calm down (if not cease altogether) communications from my end. I certainly don't want to seem like "stalker wife" or "hassle-me girl". I did ask him through email that he make arrangements to take the kids at least two days per week. GC said it in a comment earlier and I really got to thinking about it, "He separated from me not our children." I know that he doesn't have a bed set yet for the room, but the oldest would be thrilled to sleepover in a sleeping bag. Indy has had a port-a-crib since the beginning. They could easily sleep over on Tuesday and Thursday nights and he could drop them off on his way to work in the mornings. It may mean changing his workout schedules or whatever, but that's what you do for your children, right?

It's too early to be so all-over-the-place in my head and I can feel a head ache coming on. I'm going to refocus my thoughts and try to do things for the kids and house today. I'm thinking of getting some new curtains for the kitchen. The ones that we have are drab and boring and I do so love the fall. We sort of have a fall-like color scheme in our house anyway. The babe will be at her friend's until late this morning, so I can shop with Indy.

So, I won't be a slave to my cell phone. Once the girls are with me, that joker is going off. Emergency? I'll turn it back on to call the tow-guy. Other than that...

No comments: