Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Missing You

Sunday afternoon morphed into Sunday evening quickly. Hubby gathered his things and departed, leaving me wondering if I was going to be able to sleep as well as I'd slept the night before. He's been vacillating over the idea of whether we're really working on issues, or spending so much time missing each other that we can't even see them anymore. I suppose it's true, but it's definitely hard to think clearly when you miss someone so much.

He called on the drive back and we talked for about half an hour. It was akin to our days as budding lovers. I could almost feel the same aura (if that's what you call it) around us as we talked. When I hung up, it was hard to sleep but somehow I drifted away. The phone brought me back with a start. I was sweating buckets under the extra blanket I'd thrown over the bed to duplicate hubby's heat (not the same at all...sincerely!). When I answered, I knew I sounded like I'd been running but I was still sort of asleep. Hubby was coming back. He got all the way there, then turned around. My heart lept into my throat. I couldn't believe how happy I felt. He was back and next to me, just as I was beginning to doze off again. Another night of extraordinary passion. What a way to cap off the weekend!

Monday, he was gone running errands and I worked up until around 12:30pm. Then, he was home and we ate lunch together and started a movie. Lunch over, I had a conference call to jump on then a few more items to clear up before ending the work day. He stuck around the entire time. The babe arrived home from school and started on her typing homework/drill. Hubby and I snuck off for another tryst in the spare bedroom downstairs. He reminded me that he wasn't expecting anything from me. I explained that I was taking all I could get while he was around. No shame.

Hubby's plans were to leave at 6:00, but we ended up shopping for holiday decor for the house then picking up dinner at McDonald's (so wonderful for my figure, I gotta tell you). It'd would have been okay if I'd gotten in my second workout but, oh well. The babe also received a very belated birthday gift by mail (a lovely winter coat from my father). At least it's something she can use and use a lot.

By 8:45, I was trying to convince hubby to stay. He didn't have clothes, but mentioned that it would have been so easy to "cave in" if they'd been here. The day had been restful, relaxing and fun. We are truly enjoying each other. On the phone (on his way back), he wondered when we would really dig into the troubles that began the separation in the first place.

"Let's do it," I said. The faster we can move through and make a plan for the future, the faster he can come back home. At least, that's my way of viewing things. So, the day of reckoning is supposedly Wednesday evening. We'll be discussing and documenting, so that we have reference for what we're going to do when things rear their ugly heads.

"I don't want to go back to the way things were, not when things are so good right now. If we did, I don't think either one of us could take it," hubby said. My hubby is wise and he constantly reminds me of how weak I can be. Not intentionally, of course...for my hubby sees me as being stronger than he is. I don't believe this is true at all.

1 comment:

Dee said...

:)
wow
I'm speechless
you two had a fabulous weekend and I think you have a lot worth working to save