Monday, October 20, 2008

New Deck Cover and Furniture

This was a truly, very busy weekend. Saturday, I woke up with hubby at around 7ish to his making a call on his cell phone. His friend was nearly at our house to help build the deck cover. He jumped out of bed (as did I) and dressed faster than I've ever seen him dress, brushed his teeth and met his buddy outside, just as he was pulling up. They worked on that deck from sun up to sun down (literally). It's amazing! I can't believe the deck looks bigger (and it was already huge). The only thing left to do is to shingle the top and treat the wood for the weather.

When friend-builder left our home at around 7ish, my sister arrived to take care of my kids. I took hubby out for a nice dinner, a lovely cocktail and pleasant conversation. After the day he'd had, he needed it. We went for Mexican...chowing down the tortillas entirely too fast and laughing it up after our margaritas went straight to our heads. I waited a bit before I got in the car to drive. One cocktail and my head was swimming (I seriously can't hold my liquor...light weight all the way).

Sunday, we went to church as usual. When I got home, I put my girls down for a nap then preceded to sweep all the saw dust off the deck then put all of the deck furniture back on all by myself. By this time, hubby called to tell me he'd found bedroom furniture for the babe (after six years, her crappy particle board furniture was falling to the ground). He said the guy would be delivering, just as he (hubby) was getting home from work. This meant mom and the babe had to hustle to get her room cleaned and cleared out before he got home. I went in like a hurricane! Pretty much every answer to her, "Mom, what should I do with this," question was, "Throw it away." I wasn't messing around! There were things that frightened me in that room. How could one little girl be that much of a pack rat?!

By the time hubby got home, all we had left was to disassemble her bed and vacuum. I managed to get everything else out and disassembled in record time. The guy arrived about ten minutes after hubby and he stuck around to help assemble and put everything in. The furniture belonged to his daughter (now 18) who inherited it from her great aunt. From my guess, it's probably from the sixties, but in really good condition and it's all wood. This stuff ain't fallin' apart any time soon (how about any time in the next twenty or so years).

After all this, we drove south towards my mother's home and took our dogs walking on the new trail by her house. It was a lovely walk and we fed the horses we saw apples and sugar cubes (my girls got a big kick out of that). My mom said, based on her pedometer, we managed a two mile walk. It really didn't seem like that much, so I must be in better shape than I thought.

After the walk, hubby treated us to KFC for dinner. I'm pretty sure the grease is what had my stomach spinning at 2:00am this morning. I didn't have to go to the bathroom until 3:30, but I did manage to get in a half hour's worth of work before the chicken grease showed up again. Nice. I told my boss (by voice mail of course, since he's not there even now) that I was going to take a half day and get my stomach back under control. I should have known better; all that activity, then dumping a quart of grease on my insides, does not a happy girl make.

Oh, and least I forget...hubby is moving back in. Certainly this, a happy girl makes.

5 comments:

Tasha said...

Sounds like a whirlwind weekend. Girl, you know KFC is da debil right? I can't mess with it anymore.

Yay for hubby moving back in. I was pretty sure he would do so in short order.

Icey said...

YES!!!!! Hubba hubba is moving back in!!!! I am smiling for you right now!!

Enchantress said...

Tasha - Now, you tell me...:)

Icey - Yeah! I know a big part of this happy reunion was the prayers and support of my blogging friends.

Thank you!!!

Dee said...

wait, whoa, I missed it!
I can't believe I missed it

Anonymous said...

If you want quality Deck Furniture .items, then visit casamodern.com.