Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ah, Romance!

Tuesday was looking like it was going to be just another boring Tuesday. Hubby had to go in for training, so he was really not looking forward to the day (it would mean being in town 3 hours longer than normal). When his lunch break came, he called and told me he was running some quick errands. I suggested he take me to lunch (as I always do, on the few times he can get away during the day) and he let me know that their breaks were no longer the length they used to be. Bummer. So, I went to the break room to heat my oh-so-fabulous Lean Gourmet meal and talk politics with co workers when a friend came in.

"Hey. You need to go back to your desk right away."

"Huh?!"

"Yes. Now. Come on, let's go."

"Um. Okay."

"Just trust me. I wouldn't ask you if it weren't important. Now, would I lie to you?"

"Uh, I guess not."

Hurriedly, we started walking back towards my desk when I looked over cubie-land and saw my darling hubby standing by my desk. I was elated. I came over, hugged him and introduced him to my coworkers. It's been ages since he's been to the office! He used to come fairly frequently and take me to lunch or just stop by and say hi. This particular time, there were flowers. Lovely! My boring Tuesday became super special in seconds.

As I walked him out to his car, there were lots of "I love yous" and "I miss yous" exchanged. He let me know he was thinking of me, which meant the world. I spent the rest of the day beaming and floating in the scent cloud the flowers provided. Truly a wonderful day.

When I got home, hubby called to tell me he would be coming over. He asked if he had any workout clothes left at the house, so he could just work out in town then come back to the house. He was planning on staying over. After picking up the babe, we sat up and watched The Happening, while nibbling Kahlua cake I'd made for the neighbors. Another night-cap of passion followed and more talk of his coming home (which I'm hoping is closer to happening). We still have yet to have our "talk" (due to both of us being uber stressed last Saturday), but we both agree it still needs to happen. I remind him, though, that much has come out during this time that we've both actively made changes around.

I completely understand his fear; we've come so far to have it back-fire. We're really so very happy, right now.

5 comments:

Icey said...

I love it!!! Romance with the one you love and who loves you back is THE best!

Dee said...

wow
what a great surprise
how was the Happening? Aren't u glad u didn't go to the theater?

Tasha said...

Love to hear stories like this! It's sooo wonderful to be romanced. I'm happy you and hubby seem to be on the right track.

Enchantress said...

Icey - Couldn't agree with you more!

GC - It was good, but I'm probably bias because I am a fan of Mr. Shyamalan's material. He's a thinker and doesn't fall into standard formulas. This was his first R rated picture and for good reason. There are a couple of very intensely graphic scenes. Yes! So happy I waited. :)

Tasha - Me too. I'm trying to keep my optimism because it's sometimes easy to start looking around the corner for things to blow up. I'm a realist too. I know things can't be perfect, but they can be much, much better. :)

Eb the Celeb said...

Awee that is too cute... I need to find me a boo!