Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Time to Tell

So, I've been really mysterious about the drama with my job and I haven't revealed all that has transpired here on the blog. I am ready for true confessions; however, I fear this may take a couple of posts so please, bear with me.

I've been with my company for a little over nine years. I know! It's really saying something for this day and age, where the average person changes jobs every five years. I have been, for the most part, content with my arrangements and happy with what I do. No job is perfect and I certainly have my days where I want to run through the halls screaming. Thankfully, I have yet to fulfill this fantasy. ;)

My team has been a group of four for years; the boss and the three peons, basically. We do our job, rant and rave, laugh a lot then go home. Several departments allow their employees a telecommuting option. I wrote up my proposal and successfully rallied to telecommute three days per week. It took a lot of work to get it approved, but I won out in the end.

The idea was to test it out and then make decisions on going full-time out of the office. This never happened because we changed "big" bosses and his ideas were very different from the previous boss. So, I was content to have my three days and I adjusted my family life to the new schedule. I was proud because I no longer had to live paycheck to paycheck and we could sock the former daycare money into savings. Indy still goes two days a week, but what a difference that makes!

In early February, I finished my day at work (I think it was a Monday) and then received a call from my boss. He was calling to tell me that, by March 1st, I would need to come back into the office full-time. I was devastated. I fell apart just as soon as the call ended and called my hubby. I was adamant that I would not have the distance between my work and my girls ever again. An asthmatic child can't wait for her mother to drive thirty minutes to get to her. No way!

I began to fret about what I would do. Who would watch Indy on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays? How would I get the Babe to and from school? How would I pay for the monumental gas I would be faced with? What would I do if faced with a medical situation for my kids? A small still voice let me know what to do. Trust God. So, I did.

To be continued...

1 comment:

Miss Construed... said...

I bet you've alreadly worked out the solution...you're clever, Girl.

RN x