Friday, March 05, 2010

Heavy , Wet Snow

Most of the time, the snow around here is like sand. You could pretty much blow it off your driveway with your own breath. This morning? Oh, no. We got the "lake effect" stuff and it was heavy as hell! My body was aching after I shoveled our driveway and sidewalk. If felt like I was lifting sand bags.

The drive wasn't too terrible, but I kept thinking about that lovely weather we just experienced. I suppose everyone will get sick, now. Ugh! Spring, I'm ready now please.; placing my order for lovely flowers, beautiful blue skies and full on sun. Hubby and I are considering moving again...much more seriously. We're both done with winters and snow and shoveling. For some reason, I can't seem to have snow on Christmas eve and Christmas day only. Yeesh! Is that so much to ask for?

This would be our home through retirement (the one hubby is constantly looking for). It's certainly becoming more and more appealing. How old am I again? Well, it never hurts to plan ahead. ;)

2 comments:

Dee said...

shoveling=free workout!
remember to stretch
;-)

Enchantress said...

This is true, but when you shovel and shovel for three to four months at a stretch, it gets old fast. I'd much rather workout on my elliptical or (even better) go for a swim. :)