Monday, March 08, 2010

Oscar Fun and Other Miscellany

The funniest skit between Alec Bal.dwin and Ste.ve Martin? The paranormal activity head slap. I was cracking up! I wish I could have done that to the real characters of the real movie. Alec and Steve did me proud.

I'm glad the academy is recognizing original work. With all the recycled, rehashed scripts I was beginning to wonder if they had anything original to pull from at all. The dresses are still amazing and mind-boggling. Do you really only wear your gown once? Is it donated after wards? Do you keep it in storage like a wedding dress?

I really dislike driving in everyday, but I'm listening to lots of old discs to past the time. I need to get out my Pimsleur Spanish discs and learn how to speak the language, properly. Since we're destined to be a two-language country sooner rather than later, I'd like to be able to understand it (if not speak it fluently).

I made some amazing steak the other day. Truly! It was beef stew steak I picked up from Target. Then, I added some "Jamaican Me Crazy" seasoning to it and browned it in my non-stick skillet. Oh my gosh! It was to die for! I'll be trying to rack up on the stuff, when I can find it. Hubby picked it up from some obscure store. Haven't checked yet to see if it's at the local spots.

I took my hair down over the weekend. In fact, my world was full of hair. I took down and redid the Babe's hair. Then, I put braids into Indy's hair (she's been au natural for about two weeks, now). I straightened mine and was blown away by the length. It's so soft, too. I don't remember it being this soft when it was chemically treated. Another bonus! I'm wearing one of my reliable ponies today to hide my two-tone color. I'm not quite ready to go blond, yet. Huh, but you know I will eventually. :)

3 comments:

Dee said...

learning that Spanish is also great for "eavesdropping"!

Enchantress said...

No kidding! :)

Icey said...

I have French language learning disks in my car but I am thinking I need to switch it up to Spanish. Babe is taking Spanish classes so I need to be sure I can stay in the loop! LOL