Friday, March 26, 2010

Snowy, Snowy Friday

It started early this morning and hasn't let up much. Thankfully, it's not sticking and warmer weather is on the horizon. Hubby is safely in Washington and arrived around 6ish last night (after leaving at 5:30am yesterday morning. Yikes!). He spoke to me of the beautiful drive and the lush greenery the Oregon coast has to offer. Neither of us has ever been to Oregon. I guess he's now got one state "up" on me.

He said that they drove past a tree farm and, initially, it appeared to him as mountain terrain but as they drove closer, they discovered that it was acres and acres of trees. How I wish I could have seen it for myself. I asked if he'd taken any pictures. Well, of course not. Ugh!

I thought I wouldn't sleep well last night, missing my hubby and all. Surprisingly, I slept better than I've slept in weeks! I gathered it was because I wasn't waiting up at all hours to talk to him. Also, instead of "teddy", I threw an extra blanket on the bed to mimic his warmth and presto! Instant, fabulous sleep. I woke up happy and light, but of course, I still miss him.

Yesterday, I organized the Babe's closet. She had an onslaught of plastic baby hangers, old clothes and randomness that I just had to get rid of. I wonder how long her closet will look the way it does now, all nice, neat and organized? She was ill, yesterday, so I worked from home and tended to her needs as best I could. Two Albuterol treatments and several ibuprofen later, she was raring to go for school this morning.

I can't believe Easter is nearly here! I suppose next week will be filled with doing hair and glamorizing my children. I don't know if I'll do pictures, but I'm considering it. I always take pictures of my own at the park. Beautiful spring photos of my girls prancing around with the ducks (wearing their Easter dresses) is sort of a tradition, now. Guess I won't be able to pull that off when they're teenagers.

I don't really have plans for the weekend, aside from taking the girls to Easter program practice at church. They haven't even looked at their speeches yet. Oh, well. I guess we'll go over them a couple of times tonight. Hopefully, they're short and sweet. Indy has never spoken in front of a large group before. I'm hoping she sees her big sister as a stellar example of how to do so.

3 comments:

Dee said...

thumbs up on the sleep
it's hard to sleep alone but the Mr. doesn't need as much sleep as I do. Lately I've been groggier than ever.

Miss Construed... said...

Hey M

You'll be posting the kid's Easter photos for at least ten more years yet.

And I'd love to see them if you want to email me!!

rn x

Enchantress said...

GC - Is your hubby and insomniac or just a "near" sleeper?

Miss - But of course! We're supposed to get rain on Sunday, so the pictures may be a bit more creative this year. ;)