Monday, March 22, 2010

And the Winner is...

My hubby! He took his weight class for the Utah NPC TopForm Classic Bodybuilding show this past weekend. I was so proud of him! Earlier in the evening, I was cheering on our eldest at her dance competition. I don't have her scores yet but, they were working it out on the dance floor. I'm sure they did well.

My sister's all psyched up by my husband's win. He proved Saturday that you can be a natural bodybuilder and compete with those who use steroids. It is totally unnecessary to supplement your workout with those products. Again, I was beaming from ear to ear (if you want to see video, shoot me an email or leave a comment and I will send you the links). Sis feels like she wants to try getting into shape again. I hope she's serious about it. The benefits for her would be astounding.

His next show is this weekend in Vancouver. He's never been and is very excited about going...or at least, I thought he was. We went for a walk in the park on Sunday and he told me the next competition would be a bitter sweet event. He knows he'll have fun but he's going to miss me being there; an adventure we can't share together, as he put it. What a sentimental, sappy guy.

The babe performs on the 30th and competes again on the 2nd. It's going to be a busy spring for both of them. I'll be lugging video equipment from place to place, capturing all the moments. That part is fun and doing her make up is a blast (she had false eyelashes this time that she absolutely loved). I just wish someone else would pay for my gas. :)

3 comments:

Dee said...

wow you are keeping busy!
Congrats to your husband!
What is bodybuilding when it isn't classic?

How do you put false eyelashes on anyway? I tried it out once and they were too far up. Maybe they were just too cheap!

Enchantress said...

Too true! I hadn't thought about that.

Eyelashes take a bit of practice, so, try putting them on over a weekend a couple of times. To make it easier, line your lids with eyeliner. Use the eyeliner as a guide to place your lashes. That makes a huge difference. :)

Icey said...

Congrats to Babe and husband!!! Yall are quite the family of achievers!!